Sign in with
Your question
Solved

TH, How much would you guys buy this computer for?

Last response: in CPUs
November 18, 2012 10:18:41 PM

AMD Phenom II 1090t Six Core Processor Black Edition (This processor can match the next gen AMD Bulldozer CPUs)
4 GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 (2x2)
Gigabyte 890 GPA-UD3H AM3 Motherboard
Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Direct Contact CPU cooler
Asus DirectCU Nvidia GTX 560 TI Graphics Card
BigFoot Internet and Sound Card
OCZ MODxStream-PRO 700W Modular Power Supply (80% rated)
OCZ 32GB Vertex SSD (Boot up drive)
Western Digital 160GB HDD
NZXT M59 Computer Case
NZXT Green Case Light
Windows 7 Ultimate (Legit, fully updated)
Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Plus (Legit, fully updated)
Mad Catz R.A.T. 5 Gaming Mouse

The shop is asking, $480 on this. I think its more along the lines of $400...Especially since the mobo is quite dated as the processor and only 4gb of ram., but i know they have to make money too. Would you guys pull the deal?

More about : guys buy computer

a b à CPUs
November 18, 2012 10:27:04 PM

Well I would pay something like $500-$600. The Phenom II 1090t is what clicks for me, can't find that online that much. Your processor is kind of rare to see now a days. I also don't think the motherboard chipset is that old, heck I just finished a build with the 760g chipset. If memory serves me well I think that processor used to be sold for $300 on Newegg.

Edit: To your last question, if you can't find anyone else who would pay for it then $480 is okay. Thing is used things can't be sold for as much as they costed but still I love the Phenom processors and would pay a bit more for them even if used.
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 18, 2012 10:29:16 PM

It is worth $480 in terms of parts price but I wouldnt go for it really.

Edit:Used?
m
l
Related resources
November 18, 2012 10:38:11 PM

yes used, but boxes included and warranty on most item. The shop, built it, and it was a display computer. The original price they had it for sale was 600 something dollars as socialfox said, but i talked them down to $480 since afterall it was a display PC, with the display running for god knows how long.

I checked it out though and everything seemed clean inside out, and working. i'm trying to buy this pc for my little bro, so he can get off my rig. All he plays is D3, and a bit of Crysis war heads. I know it'll handle D3 just fine, but not sure about crysis or the games similar to it.

m
l
a b à CPUs
November 18, 2012 10:40:57 PM

koreanzombie said:
yes used, but boxes included and warranty on most item. The shop, built it, and it was a display computer. The original price they had it for sale was 600 something dollars as socialfox said, but i talked them down to $480 since afterall it was a display PC, with the display running for god knows how long.

I checked it out though and everything seemed clean inside out, and working. i'm trying to buy this pc for my little bro, so he can get off my rig. All he plays is D3, and a bit of Crysis war heads. I know it'll handle D3 just fine, but not sure about crysis or the games similar to it.

Well If I were you then jump on it, this processor is quite rare to find these days and severely overpriced on ebay. You have enough wattage for future upgrades as well. The hard drive is a bit small though.... but if your brother just plays games and internet browsing you should be fine. Ask the shop how long ago it was built. And if they know how long did it run for.
m
l
November 18, 2012 11:10:29 PM

I remember asking him, but don't remember exactly what he told me. I think he said like 10 months, so pretty much a year. Hmm, well I trust what you guys have to say...and I'm not so familiar with AMD processors, as I have an i5 rig...but if you guys say its good deal then I'll make purchase tomorrow.
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 18, 2012 11:14:27 PM

Hi :) 

I own computer shops and the person selling it is fibbing to you...

I have lots of display machines and you wont find ONE with Ultimate or Office on it....

Having said that , as long as you get some sort of warranty (and check that Ultimate IS retail, not a MS partner edition) if its genuine RETAIL he will have the discs ...if not.....

Its still a pretty good machine for the price....once you check everything out...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 18, 2012 11:15:38 PM

Hmm, well since you claim there is warranty then $480 is good. However it wouldn't hurt to try and lower the price further, unless the store guy is moody :lol: 

Edit: Oh yes, make sure to ask if you get any discs such as Windows and Office just like Brett said. If not at least ask if you get the bare minimum of the Driver CDs. I also believe there is a windows update available that checks to see if your Windows Copy is valid, might want to check that out.
m
l
a c 863 à CPUs
November 18, 2012 11:19:19 PM

$480 inclusive of Windows and Office both legal copies is a good deal.
m
l
November 19, 2012 4:36:11 PM

Thanks guys for your advice. i was very close to pulling the deal...But then thought about it...and noticed it wasn't worth for the ram (only 4gb), the ssd, the hdd, and the gpu....which you could get less than $100 on ebay and tigerdirect. Also the fact that it was on display for about a year all day, I decided to search for something else.

So I pulled a deal on an i5 rig.

3570K @ 4.0ghz oced
GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H LGA 1155
Gigabyte GTX 660TI oced
8gb G. skill 2133mhz ddr3
700watt corsair psu
120gb OCZ ssd
600gb 7200rpm storage drive
NZXT mid tower case
windows 7

for $750. I know for the price, it's similar if I had just built the rig itself, but the guy had the boxes and everything, practically he built it from scratch about month ago. Everything looks good, couldn't be happier. Justifying the price, I think the extra $270 was worth the price.

m
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
November 19, 2012 5:45:07 PM

koreanzombie said:
Thanks guys for your advice. i was very close to pulling the deal...But then thought about it...and noticed it wasn't worth for the ram (only 4gb), the ssd, the hdd, and the gpu....which you could get less than $100 on ebay and tigerdirect. Also the fact that it was on display for about a year all day, I decided to search for something else.

So I pulled a deal on an i5 rig.

3570K @ 4.0ghz oced
GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H LGA 1155
Gigabyte GTX 660TI oced
8gb G. skill 2133mhz ddr3
700watt corsair psu
120gb OCZ ssd
600gb 7200rpm storage drive
NZXT mid tower case
windows 7

for $750. I know for the price, it's similar if I had just built the rig itself, but the guy had the boxes and everything, practically he built it from scratch about month ago. Everything looks good, couldn't be happier. Justifying the price, I think the extra $270 was worth the price.

Hi :) 

I agree with what you did and good choice :) 

All the best Brett :) 
November 24, 2012 7:28:09 PM

Best answer selected by koreanzombie.
m
l
!