Sign in with
Your question

Wow Rig

Last response: in Systems
July 9, 2012 1:29:48 AM

Hey all,

Here is the Rig that I'm considering so far, just wanted some feedback.

1. This system will only be used for Wow exclusively, nothing else, not even web browsing.

2. I don't do PVP or 25 man's ever.

3. I want to be able to play wow at max settings and have smooth playing and fast load speeds.

So If I could get some comments, I would be most appreciative. I do want to stick with intel.

Here is my list. - http://secure.newegg.com/Shopping/ShoppingCart.aspx?Sub...

I have some questions... with the Cooler Master 430, I can get up to 6 - 120's. How many do you recommend?

Is my power supply powerful enough?

Is my selection of a monitor good for this build?

Thank you all.

More about : wow rig

a b ) Power supply
July 9, 2012 2:07:55 AM

Your link doesnt work - please list out your parts
m
l
a b ) Power supply
July 9, 2012 2:36:54 AM

pretty much anything that is decently modern can play wow at high or max
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
July 9, 2012 2:47:25 AM

Um, that's your cart, not any of ours... Put it in a wish list so we can see it.
m
l
July 9, 2012 2:51:45 AM

wowgamer97 said:
Hey all,

Here is the Rig that I'm considering so far, just wanted some feedback.

1. This system will only be used for Wow exclusively, nothing else, not even web browsing.

2. I don't do PVP or 25 man's ever.

3. I want to be able to play wow at max settings and have smooth playing and fast load speeds.

So If I could get some comments, I would be most appreciative. I do want to stick with intel.

Here is my list. - http://secure.newegg.com/Shopping/ShoppingCart.aspx?Sub...

I have some questions... with the Cooler Master 430, I can get up to 6 - 120's. How many do you recommend?

Is my power supply powerful enough?

Is my selection of a monitor good for this build?

Thank you all.

I have to agree with Thebigtroll, nearly anything will run WOW, with one caveat, being a massive monitor at really high resolutions.

When WOW first came out all a gamer needed to have to run it was an NVIDIA 6600GT, which is now absolutely ancient. Now since that time the graphics have been updated somewhat and bigger monitors and higher resolutions have become more affordable, so better video cards have been somewhat necessary.

In order to suggest the appropriate video card, we need to now what size of monitor you want to play on and the resolution. For example WOW runs really well on my wife's Ivy Bridge MacBook Air on an 11" screen, but if she wanted to play on a 30" screen there is no way the integrated graphics on that machine could push it.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
a b Ý World of Warcraft
July 9, 2012 10:09:47 AM

Link be broken again, just copy/paste the components.

When it comes to WOW, even a low end card like the GTX 550ti will do fine. Chances are the bigger factor in your gaming experience is your internet connection.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
a b Ý World of Warcraft
July 9, 2012 1:34:55 PM

WOW at 1920x1080 will run just fine on almost anything outside on-board graphics
m
l
July 9, 2012 1:39:57 PM

thanks all, I started a new thread because of my difficulty posting my wish list... I would still like some comments on what Im planning to get and build just so I can feel a little more comfortable about it before I order it.

Thank you.
m
l
!