brossyg

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2010
If I combine an ASUS P8Z77 WS mobo that has its own DVI port supporting max resolution of 1920 x 1200, and a Gigabyte GV-N670OC-2GD video card with dual DVI ports (and displayport and HDMI), how many moniutors can I use total? Four? Five? Six? (I am not interested in Displayport multi-chaining), just the DVI and HDMI connectors.

Currently, I have six monitors with three video cards ... if this rig will power five large monitors successfully, I am going to build it.

Thanks.

yougotjaked

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011
Well the 670 supports up to 4 monitors, so that will be your max. I don't think it's possible to output video from both onboard video and a dedicated video card. Generally, when you connect a video card, the onboard video then gets disabled.

- Jake

dannyj94

Honorable
May 16, 2012
You have have Up to 3x 3D monitors on 1 Nvidia GTX670 Graphics card.
Where as if you had the none reference KFA2 version of the card, I do believe they modify the board so that it alone with video splitters of some kind can support up to 5 screens running as a solo GPU. Doing this though I'd most definitely recommend around a good 750W or more high end 80+ Efficiency PSU.

And "I don't think it's possible to output video from both onboard video and a dedicated video card. Generally, when you connect a video card, the onboard video then gets disabled. " I Jake's post IS correct, you can only run on 1 graphical chip-set at a time whether that's on board or via PCI-E.

TRENDING THREADS