Cyrillic in Windows...

I'm trying to get Russian charachters to display in programs I use but they
either come up as ?????? or Êàê àyêíåòñÿ, òàê è îòõpþêíåòñÿ. I have the
Cyrillic alphabet enabled in the "Regional and Language Settings" but I still
can't see the characters in programs like installers (for Russian games) or
in IRC chat programs... Can anyone help with this problem?
3 answers Last reply
More about cyrillic windows

    Setting up your computer to read and type in Ukrainian
    http://www.plast.org.au/font.p­hp#typexp

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    In news:24266036-CD54-4A18-A8C7-0461176EF120@microsoft.com,
    Mark <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > I'm trying to get Russian charachters to display in programs I use
    > but they either come up as ?????? or Êàê àyêíåòñÿ, òàê è îòõpþêíåòñÿ.
    > I have the Cyrillic alphabet enabled in the "Regional and Language
    > Settings" but I still can't see the characters in programs like
    > installers (for Russian games) or in IRC chat programs... Can anyone
    > help with this problem?

    In addition, FWIW, at the last time I'd tried (long story) the IRC
    applications that I'd tried wouldn't support Cyrillic characters. This maybe
    different now however. Check to see if the application supports it.

    Galen

    Instruction of how to read and write in Russian under Windows and on
    the Web:

    http://RusWin.net

    Regards,
    Paul Gorodyansky