Solved

How are my temps?

I've got an Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 (1x 92mm fan) cooling a Core i7 2600 @ 3.4GHz. Temperatures are in Celsius.

Idle:
--core1: 27
--core2: 34
--core3: 30
--core4: 27

Prime95:
--core1: 50
--core2: 56
--core3: 53
--core4: 50

I only ran Prime95 for about an hour (in-place large FFTs, max heat/power). Does everything look fine? This is my first build by the way.
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about temps
  1. Best answer
    Your temps are fine. Temps when doing all other activities even the most demanding games will still be lower then prime95
  2. Very nice temps actually, its all good.
    What was room temperature? Because that is very good for low end air cooling.
  3. They're fine. As long as you're under 75 C or so on Prime 95 there's no reason for any concern
  4. Below 60C means you almost have too much cooling going on (could set the fan to run a little slower, giving you a little higher temps but less noise).
  5. manofchalk said:
    Very nice temps actually, its all good.
    What was room temperature? Because that is very good for low end air cooling.

Room temperature is average at around 21-22C. My case has two 230mm fans running at full speed right now, so that's probably why CPU temps are so low. I'm going to install a fan controller tomorrow and try running them at 50% speed instead.
  6. why not just OC to like 4-4.5 GHz?
  7. Average is a subjective term, you could live in London (which is currently in Winter) for all I know. Guessing ~30c?
    The fan controller is a good move, don't connect the CPU fan to it though.

EDIT: So cold.
    Damn, kinda disappointed in my cooling now. $200 watercooling kit and a 10c difference under load at roughly the same ambient temps. Though admittedly my chip is overclocked.
  8. I edited my post with my actual room temps while you were typing that up. :)

Derza10 said:
    why not just OC to like 4-4.5 GHz?

I'm running two Radeon 6870's and my PSU is only 750W (Corsair AX). I don't really need OCing right now and don't want to push the PSU to its limits.
  9. Best answer selected by dc200.
  10. Just so you know, you will top out the chip before running out of power with that power supply :)
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Cooling