Sign in with
Your question

Graphics card will not be detected on reboot without a wait

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 16, 2012 7:22:19 AM

I've got an unusual issue. If I reboot my computer everything works fine, except fro the graphics card. I can remotely connect to my computer using SSH and it functions correctly. Notably commands like lspci cannot even see the card.

Now my question is not how to fix this; I'm not that worried since I don't reboot that often. Rather my question is: Should I be worried about this affecting the lifespan of my card? I've already had to replace the graphics card in this machine once.
a c 200 U Graphics card
May 16, 2012 7:34:03 AM

The Kings Raven said:
I've got an unusual issue. If I reboot my computer everything works fine, except fro the graphics card. I can remotely connect to my computer using SSH and it functions correctly. Notably commands like lspci cannot even see the card.

Now my question is not how to fix this; I'm not that worried since I don't reboot that often. Rather my question is: Should I be worried about this affecting the lifespan of my card? I've already had to replace the graphics card in this machine once.

what the side and model of the power supply. have you checked for any bent pins or the card not seated??
May 16, 2012 7:39:17 AM

The power supply is a 600W EPS12V / 80+ (OCZ StealthXStream)

I have checked that the card is seated, I'm going to look up how to check for bent pins.
!