Startup folder entries do not launch as minimized

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

I can put a shortcut in my Startup folder and set its properties
value for "Run" to Minimized. But when I boot the system that
shortcut application launches as full screen.

For some reason not all my "Minimized" shortcuts start as full
screen. Only some do. Is there a way to actually force such
applications to start as minimized?

Thanks for any help.
Bill

WHAT I HAVE TRIED:

If I create a brand new shortcut to the affected application and set
it to run as minimized then when I run the shortcut manually it still
does not start a minimized.

I have tried deleting and recreating but that doesn't seem to help.
1 answer Last reply
More about startup folder entries launch minimized
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    Sounds like the app is deciding. Windows ignores the first call by an app to change state but if an app calls twice ....