Status
Not open for further replies.

melikepie

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
I just found out my AMD FX 8120 @3.3GHz was going to 1.28V on max load, so I set it down and now it's around 1.2V. The average max load is 30c and the average idle is 10c. Is this good, or should I overclock to use up the rest of my temp or what?

Solution
I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the OP's claims. The desktop I built a few years ago still gets about 20C idle temps with stock fans in a ~70F room. It's simply a very well ventilated case that came with good fans. If they've tweaked settings (which since they're monitoring voltages that's not an unforeseeable circumstance) or upgraded their fans including aftermarket coolers then I can see that as possible.

majestic1805

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012
I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the OP's claims. The desktop I built a few years ago still gets about 20C idle temps with stock fans in a ~70F room. It's simply a very well ventilated case that came with good fans. If they've tweaked settings (which since they're monitoring voltages that's not an unforeseeable circumstance) or upgraded their fans including aftermarket coolers then I can see that as possible.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.