Thermal paste ingested

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Heatsinks
  • Thermal Compound
Last response: in CPUs
November 19, 2012 8:01:01 AM

Serious question.

Okay, so the story is. I just got my 3570k; i know, amazing right? I'm currently using their heatsink and fan that comes with it. While putting it on, i noticed the thermal paste wasn't squishing very good. So i took a piece of paper and spread it up a bit. After this i went on with my business, ate some chips. But after i was finished eating, i noticed a little on my fingers.
:pfff: 
So i was wondering. Should i go to a doctor? It was a really small amount. And don't tell me i'm an idiot, i'm sure you've made a stupid mistake once in your life to.

Mature answers please.

thanks for reading!

More about : thermal paste ingested

a c 245 à CPUs
November 19, 2012 8:03:58 AM

How long ago was this???
Thermal paste is VERY poisonous?

You need to eat charcoal or get to an emergency room NOW!!!
m
l
November 19, 2012 8:08:10 AM

It wasn't a lot, just a little on my finger.
Like 2 hours ago...
m
l
Related resources
a c 245 à CPUs
November 19, 2012 8:14:32 AM

Djentleman said:
It wasn't a lot, just a little on my finger.
Like 2 hours ago...

I'm just trolling. Relax you are fine. You would need to eat quite a bit to get sick.
m
l
November 19, 2012 8:17:02 AM

You scared the crap out of me, jerk. lol

m
l
a c 245 à CPUs
November 19, 2012 8:25:11 AM

LOL sorry just couldn't resist...
m
l
November 19, 2012 8:41:28 AM

I ate all my BBQ charcoal Because of you!
m
l
November 19, 2012 8:48:28 AM

AHAHAHAHAHA!!! Oh, thisis brilliant! Novuake, it is my privilege to award you "Hero of the Trollviet union, first class"!
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 19, 2012 8:49:35 AM

HellooOO! Are you still alive?
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 19, 2012 8:51:02 AM

Hah that was awesome novu, props.
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 19, 2012 8:53:37 AM

Hahahahaha Classic. He hasn't posted anything for a while now. I'm guessing not the Thermal paste but CHARCOAL finished him off.
m
l
a c 245 à CPUs
November 19, 2012 9:06:16 AM

Nedal0 said:
Hahahahaha Classic. He hasn't posted anything for a while now. I'm guessing not the Thermal paste but CHARCOAL finished him off.

LOL Charcoal does actually help if you ingest something poisonous!

Thank you, thank you everyone, I will be here all week.
m
l
November 23, 2012 2:17:14 AM

Hello community of tomshardware.

I have came here to tell you that my husband - 'Djentleman', or to me known as Elijah, has died.
He died 11/19/2012 at a Portland hospital, and we are now arranging a wake for him.

To many people, he was a nice man; a computer lover and fanatic. He used to spend many hours on this forum; i truly miss the days where he would tell me about how he helped people on this forum.

So if you could give a prayer for my husband, it would be greatly appreciated.

His lover, and spouse.
Rachel
m
l
a c 103 à CPUs
November 23, 2012 5:46:56 AM

I can haz his Pc nao?
Moto
m
l
November 23, 2012 5:59:44 AM

Djentleman said:
You scared the crap out of me, jerk. lol

lmfao :lol: 
m
l
a c 283 à CPUs
November 23, 2012 6:00:12 AM

That ain't right... :lol: 
m
l
a c 245 à CPUs
November 23, 2012 10:44:20 AM

Djentleman said:
Hello community of tomshardware.

I have came here to tell you that my husband - 'Djentleman', or to me known as Elijah, has died.
He died 11/19/2012 at a Portland hospital, and we are now arranging a wake for him.

To many people, he was a nice man; a computer lover and fanatic. He used to spend many hours on this forum; i truly miss the days where he would tell me about how he helped people on this forum.

So if you could give a prayer for my husband, it would be greatly appreciated.

His lover, and spouse.
Rachel

One can not troll a troll... LOL
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 23, 2012 10:46:58 AM

Motopsychojdn said:
I can haz his Pc nao?
Moto

If there was a like button for your post I would be spamming it :lol: 
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 23, 2012 12:41:30 PM

My feeling for Rachel and the family! :( 

Can you clarify the cause mortis please, was it due to thermal past or CHARCOAL?
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 23, 2012 3:37:31 PM

Wait, anyone know if that post is serious and the OP has died?
m
l
a c 245 à CPUs
November 23, 2012 3:41:30 PM

socialfox said:
Wait, anyone know if that post is serious and the OP has died?

Charcoal won't kill him, will just make him throw up like there is no tomorrow.
And if he throws up that will get rid of the thermal paste in his stomach.

So no if he died, its not from either of those.
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 23, 2012 11:29:56 PM

Too bad...there won´t be a Best Answer for this post! :( 
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 23, 2012 11:36:02 PM

If he really did die, I give my condolences. Though if this is a joke then I will not lie but you are a first class troll :lol: 
m
l
a c 283 à CPUs
November 23, 2012 11:48:45 PM

:lol:  There's no way in hell that this is real because there's no way his wife would even know about this thread, or even if she did, there's no way that she would care about coming back to tell everyone what happened. I think she would more important things to worry about...

Decent trolling job though...

Edit: Secondarily, he's 18. Old enough to be married, I suppose, but I highly doubt it.
m
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
November 23, 2012 11:53:24 PM

DJDeCiBeL said:
:lol:  There's no way in hell that this is real because there's no way his wife would even know about this thread, or even if she did, there's no way that she would care about coming back to tell everyone what happened. I think she would more important things to worry about...

Decent trolling job though...

Edit: Secondarily, he's 18.

I hereby award first class trolling award to Djentleman, should have check his age before I even commented :lol: 
Very unlikely he was married at 18 or less.

a b à CPUs
November 24, 2012 12:26:41 AM

Hey Rachel,

Just check my email box -- I had gotten an email from 'Djentleman' telling me that his last wish was to select the Best Answer for me in this thread. :) 
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 24, 2012 12:41:11 AM

Hey don't forget about me, he came to me as a ghost and told me I can have his computer :D 
m
l
a c 78 à CPUs
November 24, 2012 1:58:02 AM

:ouch:  :o  :heink:  :lol: 
m
l
a c 78 à CPUs
November 24, 2012 2:06:03 AM

Lol. I know this is going to sound bad, but I think the government regulations on having to label things as "dangerous" is excessive. I wonder if it can cause more harm than good. Almost every chemical of any kind says X Y Z, contact your poison control center blah blah. Well, I've worked on cars, I've had antifreeze get in my mouth before, I think nothing of it. Thermal compound? Meh.. When I go fishing, lead sinkers, I use my teeth to clasp them down. All of these products have warnings not to ingest, probably when I actually do buy a product that even a miniscule amount will cause serious harm, I will have been so numbed by the overlabeling that I'll do myself in.
m
l
a c 103 à CPUs
November 24, 2012 7:55:00 AM

I'm still waiting on the hazard label to be stuck on fire, how many times have I burned myself now???
Stupid Orange/blue hot stuff.....
It looks all nice and inviting then takes six layers of your skin off without so much as a by your leave Pftt
And the UK's lawsuit culture isn't as evolved as some countries :p 

Moto
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 24, 2012 8:18:41 AM

"He used to spend many hours on this forum"

I'm quite sure she hated his guts for ignoring her whiles spending hours on the forums. If he didn't die from the Thermal Paste or Charcoal, then I'm quite certain she used the opportunity to probably mix AS5 with Shin-Etsu, then made him a nice Grey Cup of Tea to finish him off.
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 24, 2012 8:42:11 AM

lol
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 24, 2012 8:49:24 AM

Nedal0 said:
"He used to spend many hours on this forum"

I'm quite sure she hated his guts for ignoring her whiles spending hours on the forums. If he didn't die from the Thermal Paste or Charcoal, then I'm quite certain she used the opportunity to probably mix AS5 with Shin-Etsu, then made him a nice Grey Cup of Tea to finish him off.

/nods, a nice steaming cup of earl grey tea.
m
l
a c 245 à CPUs
December 18, 2012 12:17:25 PM

Wow coming back to this thread after some time now and damn did I miss some... Havn't seen him in a while... Sure he is alive though... So what crap can we talk since this thread is still lingering like an old awkward hag???
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 18, 2012 12:53:49 PM

Novuake said:
Sure he is alive though

I am not so sure anymore -- tough many that ingest TP come back to life after death at some point, kinda TP resurrection.
m
l
a c 103 à CPUs
December 18, 2012 1:02:56 PM

Thermalpaste zombies!!!!!!!!!
So THATS how the apocalyse begins....
:p 
Moto
m
l
a c 245 à CPUs
December 18, 2012 1:19:09 PM

Haha TP/Charcoal zombies... A rare and dangerous mix...
m
l
December 25, 2012 3:15:41 AM

Wow guys, way to make me feel like a ass.... I came back to this thread thinking that no one would respond.

But no, i did not die. I did think it was funny though, my last reply. I'm not married, and i have a 4.5 ghz overclock on my 3570k. :p 

You cannot "Haz" my computer. I also didn't eat charcoal. lol
It was actually quite ironic. I accidentally ate a little bit more after my coolermaster 212+ came. Haha.
m
l
a c 283 à CPUs
December 25, 2012 3:18:23 AM

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

At least you came back and owned it...

Whether you meant for it to be or not, that was pretty good trolling.
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 25, 2012 4:41:35 AM

You are quite the troll master, I checked your profile once or twice since your last message to see if you were active on any other threads, and you were not which led me to believe you are dead. :lol: 

Regardless of that, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Years to all of you :) 

- P.S. Work on that will of yours just in case, may want to state who can have your computer ;) 
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 31, 2012 8:38:48 PM

Hehehehe Welcome Back then. I seriously thought you "kicked the bucket" but I was wrong.

m
l
January 10, 2013 2:36:17 AM

Best answer selected by Djentleman.
m
l
!