Yellow lines across screen at BIOS and beyond

Lukey__B

Honorable
May 16, 2012
Hi,

I get yellow lines across my display from start of turning PC on. This is over multiple monitors.

My display first went a little strange when it was on. After turning it off I no longer got a picture from DVI - DVI but I get a picture from DVI - VGA but with yellow lines across the display.

I just want to know what the odds are that this is purely a graphics card problem and not my MB. The cost of getting it checked out is around the price of a low end graphics card, I would rather put this money towards a decent card.

I am reasonably sure it's the graphics card due to the onset of problem looking like graphics card overheating and the fact it does not output DVI - DVI but does so DVI-VGA (although this seems strange to me and I have no idea why this would be), so I can't think why the MB would affect the graphics card in that way.

Any ideas people?

Thanks in advance

i also think its the graphics card. you can also double check the monitor connects are secured and not loose
if you have a friend with a pc swap the graphics cards and see if the problem persists