Sign in with
Your question

6870 video playback jerky

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 16, 2012 10:56:42 AM

Hi guys just want to ask if anybody is having the same issue or could help me out with my setup.

I just bought Diablo 3 the other day and noticed that when it was playing the intro video, the video would be jerky like its dropping frames intermittently. I can tell that on certain parts the playback would be smooth but most of the time it would be jerky.

This issue only arises on video playback, during the game I don't experience any drops in frames.

I tried reinstalling drivers and disabling hyper threading and still wouldn't fix the issue.

I also noticed a buzzing sound that the my speaker makes thats syncs with CPU activity, its a faint high frequency sound that changes according to how busy the computer or if its accessing the HDD, I have a feeling that these two issues are related. I'm at work right now but I read somewhere that the buzzing issue can be fixed by altering the power state of the CPU. I will do that when I get home, but just posting this today to get more ideas.

Here is my setup

i3-2120
8GB Patriot Ram
HIS IceqX 6870
Gigabyte Z68-d3H-B3
OCZ Petrol 128 GB
a b U Graphics card
May 16, 2012 12:42:16 PM

turn v sync on
m
l
May 18, 2012 11:10:20 AM

Im sorry I forgot to mention that with VSYNC on, that is when the video becomes choppy. With it off, It's smooth but I get screen tearing.
m
l
!