disappearing desktop

March 16, 2005 4:42:42 PM

xp sp2 home

heres a customisation im trying to undo!

the desktop on my machine has disappeared. in explorer i can view the
contents of the desktop but there is nothing on teh desktop. if i right
click on the desktop and create a file or folder it duly appears on the
desktop in explorer but NOT on the desktop itself. ive checked through the
identities and put a file in each just in case im viewing the desktop of
another identity but to no avail. the machine was out on a loaner for a
whiole and has returned with this bizarre config.

im banjaxed (now theres a word you dont hear very often!)

any suggestion PLEASE

tia

teddave

--
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

www.teddave.org
home@teddave.org

"Every time I see an adult on a bicycle," HG Wells wrote, "I no longer
despair for the human race."

"I'll tell you what I think of bicycling. I think it has done more to
emancipate women than any one thing in the world. I rejoice every time I see
a woman ride by on a bike. It gives her a feeling of self-reliance and
independence the moment she takes her seat; and away she goes, the picture
of untrammelled womanhood."
Susan B. Anthony, 1896

More about : disappearing desktop

Anonymous
March 16, 2005 4:42:43 PM

Hi,

Try this: Right click on the desktop and point to "Arrange icons by" and put a check next to "Show
desktop items"

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Alex Nichol-The most intelligent MVP I knew
www.dts-l.org

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!