I have 2 PCs that I would like to sell off. Before putting them up for sale, I'd like your input on what might be a fair price to ask for them today (in USD or Indian Rupees). This is not an advert, nor am I selling them here (so I hope I don't run afoul of Tom's TOS, which I have reviewed).
I'm interested in building a new desktop, but would like these sold to bring in the money to kickstart that build.
First up: Dell XPS 420 desktop, purchased in 2008:
* Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (2.4 GHz, 4 cores, no HT)
* 4 GB DDR2 RAM at 800 MHz
* Dell mobo, Intel X38 chipset with ICH9R, PCI Express 2.0
* AMD Radeon HD 6850 1 GB Graphics Card from Asus (upgraded from the original Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT)
* 2 x 160 GB WD Raptor, SATA 2 (3 Gbps)
* Dell's 425W PSU
* Windows Vista Ultimate (with discs, COA sticker)
* Creative XtremeMusic PCI sound card
* Hauppage TV tuner card (no CableCard)
* 1 DVD-R drive and 1 DVD-RW drive
* Dell Xcelerator card for acceleration
* Linksys PCI Wireless-g Card
* Bluetooth module, media card reader
This desktop runs perfectly, no failures or issues. It is currently my gaming PC.
Next: Dell Inspiron 5160 laptop, purchased in 2004:
* Mobile Intel Pentium 4 model 538 (3.2 GHz, 1 core, with HT)
* 1 GB DDR RAM
* Discrete Nvidia GeForce FX GO 5200 64 MB (can run Windows Aero)
* SXGA 1400x1050 screen, 15", 4:3 aspect ratio, Dell Ultrasharp, no dead pixels.
* 160 GB IDE hard disk
* Windows XP Professional (with disc, COA sticker)
* DVD-RW drive
* Battery present, but gives no backup (original battery, never changed)
* Power adapter in perfect condition
* Linksys Wireless-g USB stick (no built-in Wi-Fi)
This laptop runs perfectly (except for the dead battery). I use it in another room, and still love its brilliant screen.