Sign in with
Your question

PC Starts up So slow but only sometimes

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
November 19, 2012 9:58:50 AM

I've a intel Core i3 (3rd Gen) PC. sometimes it starts up so slow such that it takes around 15 minutes to boot and than takes 2-3 minutes to start any program than if i unplug the power cable and again plug it than it works fine like it takes 25-30 seconds to boot and all the programs runs fine.
I can't understand what is the problem and i've tried to remove all the startup programs but problem was not solved.
can anyone help me.???

More about : starts slow

a b à CPUs
November 19, 2012 10:52:41 AM

What are your specs? What hard drive are you using?

Are you capable of opening task manager and testing it by opening an application. To see if there is any CPU usage or if it is just the hard drive.

Can you run a checkdisk
m
l
November 21, 2012 8:14:01 AM

BuddiLuva said:
What are your specs? What hard drive are you using?

Are you capable of opening task manager and testing it by opening an application. To see if there is any CPU usage or if it is just the hard drive.

Can you run a checkdisk

I've intel core i3 3220 processor(3rd generation) 3.3GHz, DH61 motherboard, 4 GB ddr3 ram, NVIDIA geforce g210 graphic card, 500 GB seagate sata hard disc.
yes i can open task manager, it shows cpu usage 10-15% max, even when pc is running so slow and i've also tried checkdisk, it checked disk removed some errors but even after that problem was not solved.

m
l
Related resources
November 21, 2012 9:01:39 AM

go into msconfig and turn off some of the services and start up programs, be careful as you don't want to turn off any important ones. This should speed up the boot time but i am not sure if it will fix your problem or not but its worth a try
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 21, 2012 9:46:46 AM

Does your hard drive light remain on constantly like it is doing something?

It has to be hard drive, no other explanation comes to mind.

Is there anyway you can test another hard drive on your computer?

Or maybe do a clean install of Windows again?
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 21, 2012 9:52:45 AM

and also download ccleaner and clear up your registry. That will make it a good lot faster
m
l
November 21, 2012 10:41:27 AM

BuddiLuva said:
Does your hard drive light remain on constantly like it is doing something?

It has to be hard drive, no other explanation comes to mind.

Is there anyway you can test another hard drive on your computer?

Or maybe do a clean install of Windows again?

there is not even any light slot or point on hard drive and isn't there any other sollution than clean install because i've some important data on my hard drive and i don't want to loose that.
m
l
November 21, 2012 10:43:02 AM

hugh117 said:
go into msconfig and turn off some of the services and start up programs, be careful as you don't want to turn off any important ones. This should speed up the boot time but i am not sure if it will fix your problem or not but its worth a try

tried that but all in vain
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 21, 2012 11:14:28 AM

Silly question: Do you have any RAID drivers/programs installed? I had Intel RST installed for a while, and every so often, on boot, my performance would tank for about 10 minutes. Tracked it down to the RAID software.
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 21, 2012 11:23:35 AM

Sumit_98 said:
there is not even any light slot or point on hard drive and isn't there any other sollution than clean install because i've some important data on my hard drive and i don't want to loose that.

No I meant as in on your PC case, there is a light for Hard drive usage, it should flash or be solid.

And maybe that is the best thing to do, start fresh. When you first installed Windows did you have any sort of trouble like this?
m
l
!