Windows XP Key Code

Hello,

I have a question. One of my users installed Windows XP on their machine
and didn't use correct key code for our license. Is there a way to install
different key code on Windows XP without re-installing Windows? I need this
user to use another key code so that it complies with our standards. Do I
really have to re-install or is there a way to install different key code?

Thanks,

Are they identical versions?
Home vs. Pro, OEM vs. retail, upgrade vs. full etc
If so:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=328874

Otherwise a Repair Installation using the new CD and new key will do it as
long as both are Pro or both are Home:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/repaxp.htm

If the above do not apply, a Clean Install is required:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/cleanxp.htm

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Windows XP Key Code" <Windows XP Key Code@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:2977CBA4-0A4E-48A0-8D4D-AF5FAAD257EC@microsoft.com...
> Hello,
>
> I have a question. One of my users installed Windows XP on their machine
> and didn't use correct key code for our license. Is there a way to
> install
> different key code on Windows XP without re-installing Windows? I need
> this
> user to use another key code so that it complies with our standards. Do I
> really have to re-install or is there a way to install different key code?
>
> Thanks,

Change the product key on Windows XP
http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-6270-5034890.html#

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Windows XP Key Code" wrote:

| Hello,
|
| I have a question. One of my users installed Windows XP on their machine
| and didn't use correct key code for our license. Is there a way to install
| different key code on Windows XP without re-installing Windows? I need this
| user to use another key code so that it complies with our standards. Do I
| really have to re-install or is there a way to install different key code?
|
| Thanks,

Hi,

This KB might help you:

How to change the Volume Licensing product key on a Windows XP SP1-based computer
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;328874

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Alex Nichol-The most intelligent MVP I knew
www.dts-l.org

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!