How do install new graphics card?

Acorner123

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
just got a new ati radeon hd 5450 graphics card that i want to install into my hp desktop. my pc has the right pcie port for the graphics card.

po1nted

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012
Insert the card into the PCIe slot. Connect any power cables, if necessary.

Connect your monitor to the card.

Install the drivers that came iwth the card or download fromt he vendor's website.

Enjoy.

Shayshunk

Honorable
May 4, 2012
First turn off the computer and take out the plug. Unscrew the PCI-e slot protectors where your motherboard is on the case, slide the card in, and start up the computer, then download the new drivers, simple. =D

Byotch

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012

Okay when you hook the monitor up to the new card and turn on you monitor what color is the light on it . Is it amber?? just had problems myself with vid card. Sorry i had to ask but what type of pc do you have( didn't read bout ur sys}. on nearly all pc you have to disable the onboard graphics and if your new card doesn't have a cd with the dirver on it you will have to download it, If you didn't diconnect the power cord itself it is possible that you shorted out the card if it need external power ( more than what pcie provide ) and if it does you may have to get a short molex cable that has a female plug on one end and a male plug and the other. molex cables are those that are conectors that comes from the psu. the color or the wires going to the connector from the power supply is 1 red wire on one side 2 black wires in the middle and a yellow wire on the other side. If this does not work try the vid card in another pc, It is possible that when it arrive it was already dead, hench the term doa. I don't know a whole lot but you may want to check with the mfrg to be sure that the vid card is comtaible with your system. I hope this will be of some help to you and that you don't ignore this just because ima female. if i can ever be of any help jsut send me a PM

Acorner123

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
i have an hp pavillion a6157c tv pv, i just swapped the psu with a 350 watt power supply that worked with this graphics card in my other computer but when i put the card in the screen stays black

Byotch

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012

The 350w psu may not be big enough to support the card in the new pc. Suggestion # 1 Bring out the old pc if you still have it hook the vid card up and be sure that it is still working. If still working in old pc go to www.hp.com/support and do a online chat with a tech there. I have a pcie ati x700 256mb vid card but my mobo doesn't support it or the ati x550, x700, x800, x850 or the x1800xl. I also have a radeon hd3650 agp x8 with 1gig of ddr2 mem but cannot use cause i have no agp slot. Let ne know if either of these will work. if so will have to wait till first of month and will send it to you. no cost to you. it is the only wasy i can give back for people who have helped me. If you look at my system specs you will see ima running an old single core pc. People here are looking for a cpu that is a dual core for the pc that was just donated to me. its better than what ima using now and one day i will even have a better pc