Sign in with
Your question

What do you think about my first Gaming Setup?

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Gaming
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
July 9, 2012 6:35:38 PM

Hi,
I am considering building a gaming setup. I have been considering this for a while due to the fact that i've been gaming on an inadequate 2011 Macbook Pro. I have the money for the setup I have right now, and I do actually have some more saved up for this. I and wondering whether or not this is something that will play most games on high. Please respond :) 
Games that I am interested in playing: BF3, MW3, LFD2, Minecraft, MW2, WoW etc..
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/SilentMan7295/saved/

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Could you tell me if the casing will hold all of my parts?
And do I need to buy a separate fan or does the case come with the fan?

More about : gaming setup

July 9, 2012 6:39:45 PM

save the money and get an i5 2500k processor, i7 is used for editing and adobe things, then use the money to get a better GPU such as ati hd 7850 :)  yes the case will hold all your parts, you need to buy separate fans if the case doesn't supply them :p 
m
l
July 9, 2012 6:53:09 PM

I read on a Forum that i7-2600K would be better for BF3. However the only increase would be 3-4 FPS Max. So realistically, $80 extra isn't worth it right?
m
l
Related resources
July 9, 2012 6:55:33 PM

SilentMan7295 said:
I read on a Forum that i7-2600K would be better for BF3. However the only increase would be 3-4 FPS Max. So realistically, $80 extra isn't worth it right?

yeah you can put that to use elsewhere if you get the 2500k you can get some fans and overclock it, i5 2500k is the best to game all around price:) 
m
l
July 9, 2012 6:56:49 PM

Hmm.. That does sound more enticing..

Can you link me to the ATI Radeon GPU that you were talking about?
m
l
July 9, 2012 7:08:57 PM

I'm with Billeroy on this one; You can better balance the performance of the system by sacrificing a little in the way of CPU and beefing up your GPU budget. An i5 2500K is really all anyone needs. That thing hauls and overclocked it'll easily battle it out with a similarly clocked i7.

There are 2 differences between them. 1) 2MB of L3 cache & 2) Hyper-Threading as a feature. As far as the cache difference is concerned, it doesn't make a significant difference. You'd be hard-pressed to come up with a metric that would show a difference between 6MB of L3 and 8MB of L3 on otherwise identical processors. Hyper-Threading is a MASSIVELY overrated feature. I turn it off on my i7. All it really does for me is increase heat while under full load. (I'd imagine it's cache swaps generating this heat, but still, it isn't really worth it)
m
l
July 9, 2012 7:18:13 PM

SilentMan7295 said:
Hmm.. That does sound more enticing..

Can you link me to the ATI Radeon GPU that you were talking about?

buy i5 2500k as it is best for gaming . Do not buy ASUS gtx 570 as it is old and its 1.2gb memory size will hold it to play future games at full setting . Rather buy ati 7850 2gb for 250$$ or 7870 for 300$$ . Your cabinet comes with fans and you can install extra fan later
m
l
July 11, 2012 4:10:39 AM

Go with the GeForce 570 and look in to the gigabyte g1. Sniper 3 motherboard it built for gaming.
m
l
!