Khochora Alex

Honorable
Nov 19, 2012
Hello,
i have a fujitsu siemens amilo m1450g notebook and i want to upgrade it with a dual core processor. Do you think that it is a good or bad thing?

GoldenI

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010
In most cases, a CPU cannot be replaced in a laptop simply because they tend to be soldered right to the system's motherboard. In the odd case in which you CAN, in fact, remove the CPU and replace it with a new one, it is simply unsafe to do so as the components of the laptop are tweaked with relation to the processor itself. It will result in a CPU that will become quickly overheated.

Your best bet is to save up for a desktop computer if you want to upgrade your CPU.

GoldenI

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010

It is not rare for them to be soldered at all. I would say there is an equal chance for them to be soldered as there is for them to be locked into the socket using a bar.

What do you want this upgrade for?

If it is for gaming. It will not help... You would need a discreet graphics card for that...

I'm not in the mood to school someone right now but lets look as his laptop. This is his exact mobo. Notice the common laptop screw lock, a non-solder type socket and no bar to lock the cpu in.
$(KGrHqN,!hsE-SnJnY(HBPyJNj(gHg~~60_12.JPG

In any case there are no dual core cpus for this socket and it's so old, it isn't worth upgrading.

GoldenI

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010

I think you missed the part where I said "There is an equal chance for it to be soldered as there is for it to be locked in using the bar", and yes they are locked in with screws as well.

GoldenI

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010

I did not miss that at all. It would be rather difficult considering the size of the picture.

I still would not advise him to change the CPU, or attempt to upgrade it.

InvalidError

Titan

Ultra-slim and net-top often have soldered CPUs simply because there is no space/thickness to accommodate a socket. For Atom and AMD's equivalent CPU, soldered is the only option.

TRENDING THREADS