Sign in with
Your question

Sound card for gaming

Last response: in Components
November 19, 2012 4:26:32 PM

So, im getting the Sennheiser PC 360 G4ME headset, and I need a soundcard as well. Ive been looking at some of the Creative ones but people say that they arent the best and that they are overpriced. Ive also been looking at some Asus Xonar ones, but those apparently have a problem with the microphone making buzzing noises when youre in games. So I was just wondering if any of you guys have a soundcard to recommend, that costs around 150 usd. I would also appreciate if someone that has a Asus Xonar card can tell me the buzzing noise is an actual problem. Thanks in advance!

-Krudox :) 

More about : sound card gaming

November 19, 2012 5:06:47 PM

Krudox said:
So, im getting the Sennheiser PC 360 G4ME headset, and I need a soundcard as well. Ive been looking at some of the Creative ones but people say that they arent the best and that they are overpriced. Ive also been looking at some Asus Xonar ones, but those apparently have a problem with the microphone making buzzing noises when youre in games. So I was just wondering if any of you guys have a soundcard to recommend, that costs around 150 usd. I would also appreciate if someone that has a Asus Xonar card can tell me the buzzing noise is an actual problem. Thanks in advance!

-Krudox :) 

Good headset by the way, Ive got that one myself, very comfortable for long periods of wearing. As to the Asus question I have an older Asus Xonar D2X which is great. I havent had any complaints about the microphone buzzing whenever Ive been in game with friends. Dont cheap out on the headset though in an attempt to get a better soundcard, you need a good headset for the better drivers they contain!
November 19, 2012 5:15:41 PM

Ok, thanks! Ill look into that card :) 
!