NVIDIA's "SLI-supported" List

facem3lt3r

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Hey all,

Been browsing NVIDIA's GeForce website and, under their page for SLI technology, they have a list of what would appear to be NVIDIA-approved SLI-compatible components. Now, I understand that I will obviously ideally want to pick my motherboard and power supply from this list (don't want any rails or anything failing, and obviously need an SLI bridge for the bandwidth), however, they also have a list of cases. Some of these cases are damn expensive, and I find alot of them aesthetically unappealing. So, my question is: would I still be able to SLI 'well' if I went with an NZXT Phantom Black Full Tower?

Case dimensions for this tower are something like 220x540x630 mm, so can you forsee space/airflow/cable management being any major issue?

Many thanks.

SLI should work fine in that case. It's pretty roomy. Just gotta throw this at ya though, I never recommend multi gpu set ups as they still have too many issues. I always recommend the fastest single gpu you can afford.

facem3lt3r

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012

Thanks for the heads up - I plan on going with a single GTX 660 to begin with, and possibly SLI'ing two of them later, so really it's just the freedom to upgrade that I'm really concerned with. I take it a single GTX660 should be able to run most if not all 3d games on high/max settings with 30+ framerates atm?