Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Will a 10 foot usb extender give me lag on my keyboard and mouse?

Last response: in Systems
July 9, 2012 8:26:11 PM

Also do you have any idea of what keyboard to get myself? I like laptop like keys so low profile but i do like the look of the sidewinder x4 and razer arctosa, they need to be under £40-£50 really as i also need a mouse.

Best solution

July 9, 2012 8:29:58 PM

no the cable wont give you any noticable imput lag (maybe 0.2ms)

id try a logitech g105
July 9, 2012 8:33:04 PM

TheBigTroll said:
no the cable wont give you any noticable imput lag (maybe 0.2ms)

id try a logitech g105

another one to the list :lol:  what do you think to wireless? it's just that my pc is a htpc and i use it for gaming like fps would wireless be bad?
m
l
Related resources
July 9, 2012 8:43:04 PM

wireless isnt bad at all. the problem with wireless keyboards is that they are often very thin and not suitable for good gaming.

my recommendation for a wireless keyboard would be this. its solar powered.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1682...
if you need quality, id suggest going with a mechanical keyboard but they are very expensive right now
m
l
July 9, 2012 8:52:14 PM

TheBigTroll said:
wireless isnt bad at all. the problem with wireless keyboards is that they are often very thin and not suitable for good gaming.

my recommendation for a wireless keyboard would be this. its solar powered.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1682...
if you need quality, id suggest going with a mechanical keyboard but they are very expensive right now

have that on the list too, so you dont think wireless is bad? some people say its good some bad, and i'm new to pc gaming
m
l
July 9, 2012 9:04:56 PM

spat55 said:
have that on the list too, so you dont think wireless is bad? some people say its good some bad, and i'm new to pc gaming

That is because its a Opinion, and not all feel the same about a matter!!! only you can make your own Opinion........ I can say wireless is GOD LIKE, and you could say ( that guy was full of *** it sucks )

m
l
July 9, 2012 9:20:53 PM

for general gaming, any keyboard is good enough. if you are more serious about it, get a wired keyboard.
m
l
July 9, 2012 9:23:10 PM

i've ordered a 4.5m cable for less than £4 for my £7 board. :)  i'll get a better keyboard soon and mouse
m
l
July 9, 2012 9:23:14 PM

Best answer selected by spat55.
m
l
!