Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Help, Band new His 6670 Pci-e 1gb DDR3 not loading games

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 16, 2012 5:56:12 PM

Hello,

I just built this and am having issues trying to get CS and other games running, They seem to load for a second then crash straight back to windows 7 home 64-bit

Asrock 945GCM-s
Pentium E6600 wolfdale 3.066 x2
4 gig Crosair XMS2
His 6670 1gb ddr3
2 TB WD
PSU is Thermaltake tr2 600w

I've tried the 12.4 drivers and 12.1 from both amd and HIS

I reinstalled CS a few times and steam, even turned off norton.

Any other Ideas? see,s to run fine besides the gaming, but i can open up windows chess...

Thanks
May 16, 2012 6:23:51 PM

did you check the capability of cs which version or is it 32 bit or 64 bit try dowbload 64 bit because 32 bit program not support to 64 bit
May 16, 2012 6:31:36 PM

Try someone elses PSU if you you know someone that will let you. Thermaltake makes horrible PSUs
Related resources
May 16, 2012 6:35:38 PM

first of all think mate u have window 64 bit version and it runs 64 bit proggrames in it
not 32 bit most capatable
May 16, 2012 11:36:10 PM

Ok I upgraded the bios from 1.0 to 1.20 - didnt help

I tried another PSU - cooler master 600w extreme power - still had the crash
I dont thinks its the psu cause people on amazon on running on crappy 300w and there fine.

I installed an old nvidia 5300 pci-e and still had the same issue,

I tried doing a virus scan in safe mode, but norton didnt allow me to

I really dont think its a 64 bit issues, my old laptop is 64 bit and runs cs run just 30fps...

Any other ideas before I reformat and install 32bit... I rather stay 64 though. : (

sigh i just built this thing to play cs and hopefully go
May 16, 2012 11:42:46 PM

Reformat and stay 64bit , could just be bad driver fragments left over from previous card installs.
May 17, 2012 12:06:50 AM

Im gonna reformat and give that a try, but this card was the first video card installed besides the onboard being used for a couple of days, complete new build.

Thanks your help guys appreciate it :pt1cable: 

hopefully we can get this thing running smooth soon
May 17, 2012 12:19:49 AM

ncortes310 it's NOT a 64/32bit issue, don't listen to monu_08. I personally run 32bit CS 1.6 and CS:S on a 64bit OS without issues.

The only thing I can suggest you do is reformat (also, do yourself the favor and stay 64-bit) and DO NOT USE NORTON! Norton is scheisse! Try using COMODO or Avast! (They're both free).

Now planning for the worst case scenario, if a reformat doesn't fix your problem you most likely have a faulty motherboard or bad RAM. I've had similar problems happen due specifically to those two components (they get stressed much more when programs are being loaded or games are being played).
May 17, 2012 4:32:51 AM

s3anister said:
ncortes310 it's NOT a 64/32bit issue, don't listen to monu_08. I personally run 32bit CS 1.6 and CS:S on a 64bit OS without issues.

The only thing I can suggest you do is reformat (also, do yourself the favor and stay 64-bit) and DO NOT USE NORTON! Norton is scheisse! Try using COMODO or Avast! (They're both free).

Now planning for the worst case scenario, if a reformat doesn't fix your problem you most likely have a faulty motherboard or bad RAM. I've had similar problems happen due specifically to those two components (they get stressed much more when programs are being loaded or games are being played).

Totally agree , never use Norton!

Even Microsoft Security Essential is good and its free.
May 17, 2012 5:21:08 AM

it wasnt just regular norton... it was endpoint, but about to reformat and try win xp 64. I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks again
May 17, 2012 5:55:54 AM

monu_08 said:
well then check this out for 64 bit capability issue http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCRTIsgNT4w

The one thing I notice is the game isn't being launched directly from Steam. Having played CS 1.6 on 64 bit versions of XP, Vista, and 7 I don't personally know what the issue is. However, after some research I did notice that a lot of people have issues running 1.6 on x86 and x86-64 versions of Windows 7, meaning it's a Win 7 issue. A simple fix seems to be to turn off DEP for the "Half Life Launcher" or to run 1.6 in compatibility mode for Vista (I still have no idea why running it in compatibility mode for Vista instead of XP would make a difference because you'd think if anything it'd be an issue with DirectX).

I've never used endpoint but if it's norton based it's still inferior to Avast! or COMODO and even AVG which has been low in effectiveness as an anti-virus for a while now...

Either way, good luck to you ncortes310 if you can't figure it out just come back for more help.
May 17, 2012 6:00:37 AM

yeah dude some games only playable by changing there capability mode becuase most of the games till now based upon dx 10 and 11 cs1.6 support dx 9 try to update your dx by microsoft

Best solution

May 17, 2012 10:33:27 AM

I figured most users ended up doing this, but if you don't install DirectX 9.0c onto windows 7 or Vista then any dx9 game won't run. Usually the dx9 games auto-install dx9.0c but a game as old as CS 1.6 might not do that which would cause those problems.

Maybe I've never run into those problems because I manually install the latest 9.0c distribution on my fresh Windows installs before the games get a chance to.
May 18, 2012 2:46:09 AM

WOW, after a couple of days we got it fixed! It wasnt the bios, the memory, psu, or os...

s3anister your a genius! I havent built a pc in over 6+ years, and totally forgot. I figured the GPU drivers would take care of that.

So I installed dx9 , rebooted and nothing happened, but then steam had a update, installed and BAM!

CS whoooo hooo.. :bounce:  THANK YOU EVERYONE! You guys rock and i really appreciate it.

See you on 1.6 : D
May 29, 2012 6:22:30 PM

Best answer selected by ncortes310.
!