3dMark11 scores, what do they mean?

fightclub25

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
Hello, i just wanted to know if my scores on the 3dmark11 benchmark are good for the system i have. I had fraps usually around high 40's. I thought that with this card i would have constant 60. Its my first build so i dont know much about tweaking the card. I have not overclocked anything.

My system:
Case: Haf XM
Heatsink: Coolermaster 212 plus
mobo: asusp8z77- V LK
cpu: i5-3570k
GPU: Gtx 670 ASUS GTX670-DC2T-2GD5 GeForce GTX 670 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
HDD: wd caviar black 500gb
SSD: corsair 128gb
psu: ocz 850w 80gold plus
ram: gskill 8g

the scores are:
P8361
Graphics score:8856
Physics score: 7225
combined score: 7070

I dont know if im scoring average, below or higher than most people so if someone can tell me if i got a good card or what to do to make it better i would really appreciate it. thank you guys so much

Solution
1. Download latest beta drivers from link above.
2. Use Furmark to stress test. It is very intensive, and the equivalent of Prim95 for GPU's. http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/ It's free.
3. Download, install, and keep on eye on the temperatures. If it passes at least 30min. of Furmark without crashing/artifacts, you will be good to go!

fightclub25

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
so the my scores should be higher for this graphics card. And i had downloaded the lates drivers on the asus website since its their version of the card. would the drivers be different?

fightclub25

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
Ur right I probably am over thinking this but its cuz its my first build and Eventhoueverything working right now I have read a lot of reviews saying that especially this card usually crashes when put under stress. Do u think that 3dmark11 stresses the card enough to be sure it won't crash in future games. Right now the only game I have to test it with is Starcraft 2 and the witcher.

obsama1

Distinguished
1. Download latest beta drivers from link above.
2. Use Furmark to stress test. It is very intensive, and the equivalent of Prim95 for GPU's. http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/ It's free.
3. Download, install, and keep on eye on the temperatures. If it passes at least 30min. of Furmark without crashing/artifacts, you will be good to go!

Solution