Sign in with
Your question

Radeon 5780 hd HDMI audio Issues

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 16, 2012 6:22:59 PM

I have 2 radeon 5870's, same brand, in crossfire on a core i5 win 7 pc. Audio-wise everything has been fine using the hdmi port to my tv. Recently, however, the audio acts as if the hdmi is disconnected when the pc sits idle, ie, goes to screen saver or display off. Also if I turn the tv off manually same thing. If I reseat the hdmi cable from the pc (not the tv input) it reactivates. I've tried everything from switching the cards around to removing the drivers (several ways, no less) and re-installing them. I've check the audio options on my tv and nothing in there to indicate hdmi audio disruption. I feel like it's something in the OS but the option to disable device for power saving doesn't appear to be in win 7.
Any suggestions?
PS I will try some older drivers tonight but I had the latest drivers at least a month before the problem occurred.
Update: Tried older drivers to no avail. Even tried disabling/uninstalling other audio devices.
May 16, 2012 8:41:39 PM

just format your window and trying rest both 5870 and install latest driver of catalyst hope it help
m
l
May 17, 2012 12:10:15 AM

monu_08 said:
just format your window and trying rest both 5870 and install latest driver of catalyst hope it help

I'd prefer not to format my whole system for something that is more of an annoyance than anything.
m
l
Related resources
May 17, 2012 5:09:04 AM

i suggest you tp format and reinstall new ati driver so it will work fine
m
l
May 17, 2012 11:38:41 AM

nivekjs78 said:
I have 2 radeon 5870's, same brand, in crossfire on a core i5 win 7 pc. Audio-wise everything has been fine using the hdmi port to my tv. Recently, however, the audio acts as if the hdmi is disconnected when the pc sits idle, ie, goes to screen saver or display off. Also if I turn the tv off manually same thing. If I reseat the hdmi cable from the pc (not the tv input) it reactivates. I've tried everything from switching the cards around to removing the drivers (several ways, no less) and re-installing them. I've check the audio options on my tv and nothing in there to indicate hdmi audio disruption. I feel like it's something in the OS but the option to disable device for power saving doesn't appear to be in win 7.
Any suggestions?
PS I will try some older drivers tonight but I had the latest drivers at least a month before the problem occurred.
Update: Tried older drivers to no avail. Even tried disabling/uninstalling other audio devices.

The same thing has happened to me and has only been happening since the last update I applied a few days ago. Catalyst version 12.3, and I have a radeon 5900. I have to reboot my pc each time I want to hear sound.

Before I format this system I will rip the card out and stomp it to pieces and go buy a Nvidia. Nothing but problems with ati cards the two times I have bought them.
m
l
May 17, 2012 11:43:39 AM

no mate be cool off you shuold use dvi port rather then hdmi because its for multiple display but the single dvi is recommended
m
l
May 17, 2012 11:48:06 AM

Except I have been running it like this for almost 2 years now, with no sound issues.
m
l
May 17, 2012 11:50:50 AM

may be your tv have some problem with hdmi try another gpu hdmi in it or i think overheating is the reason that blown your gpu hdmi try to connect is hdmi or dvi or get another gpu to test wheather your tv support hdmi
m
l
May 17, 2012 2:39:40 PM

Well for mine it's perfectly consistent. I can recreate the problem every time with out fail. If it was happening randomly or when the system was stressed I'd think it was the card blown, but I've switched the cards and get the same results. Plus the AMD audio driver has been unchanged since May 2010. It's got to be something in windows. I'm thinking of trying it in my friend's Nvidia machine and seeing what happens.
m
l
!