Phenom II 1090t getting way too hot with a cooler master hyper 212+

Status
Not open for further replies.

shredder9000

Honorable
May 5, 2012
My phenom 2 is getting up to 52c under load, and is 42c idle. I'm using a hyper 212 that is definitely seated correctly. My case cooling is fine. What could be the problem?

socialfox

Distinguished
+1^
Your temperatures are fine, I myself run the Phenom II X4 955 and it idles typically around 30's and max load (prime 95) is 50. Those are my temperatures at stock, when I had my overclock my temperatures were high 30's for idle and high 50's for load.

socialfox

Distinguished
70 seems to be a problem, check your voltage on the CPU. It may be too high for a stock clock.

Download HWmonitor and do some stressing on the CPU to bring it to max speed (if you have Cool'n' Quiet on) and tell us what it says in the CPU Vcore section, either value or max will do fine if you are stressing it out.

Temp.jpg

Edit: Ignore those temperatures, those were at start on a really chilly day (in the house :lol: ) I also switched my CPU cooler to the Antec Kuhler 620 H2O which is equivalent to the Hyper 212. They are within 1-2 degrees of each other in load and idle.

socialfox

Distinguished
I don't own your exact CPU but 1.5 seems quite high. Do you know how to lower the voltage in the Bios? I would say decrease it to at least 1.45 and then slowly back down by small increments. I would guess 1.4 would seem ok but that's just me I do not own the Phenom II X6 but the Phenom II X4. Also I hear every chip is different and some can overclock higher than others (overclocking and voltages are related).

socialfox

Distinguished
Is the Top fan an exhaust? the side fan an intake? and the top back and exhaust?

Seems like negative pressure, you should try and get a bit more intake fans. Don't you have the fan slots in the front of the case? Should utilize that as intakes then.

Status
Not open for further replies.