were the diablo games set in the warcraft world ?

i was wondering if the diablo games were set in the same world as warcraft
and in what part of the world if they were? (i never played the diablo
games)
10 answers Last reply
More about were diablo games warcraft world

    In article <3g2uejFabvj8U1@individual.net>, "Klo" <nospam@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    > i was wondering if the diablo games were set in the same world as warcraft
    > and in what part of the world if they were? (i never played the diablo
    > games)

    Nope, two seperate and completely different worlds and mythology.

    "Doppleganger" <Doppleganger@earthlink.net> wrote:
    > In article <3g2uejFabvj8U1@individual.net>, "Klo" <nospam@hotmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> i was wondering if the diablo games were set in the same world as warcraft
    >> and in what part of the world if they were? (i never played the diablo
    >> games)
    >>
    > Nope, two seperate and completely different worlds and mythology.

    Three words: "Cow king's hide"

    Chris, level 46 at last

    --
    [WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (46) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
    Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (29) on DE Proudmoore [PvE]

    "Christian Stauffer" <wildcard666@bluewin.ch> wrote in message
    > "Doppleganger" <Doppleganger@earthlink.net> wrote:
    >> In article <3g2uejFabvj8U1@individual.net>, "Klo" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>> i was wondering if the diablo games were set in the same world as warcraft
    >>> and in what part of the world if they were? (i never played the diablo
    >>> games)
    >>>
    >> Nope, two seperate and completely different worlds and mythology.
    >
    > Three words: "Cow king's hide"

    Heh, and Wirt's Leg made it over into WoW, too. But they are merely cute
    solitary transfers from D2 to the WoW universe, aimed towards getting a cheap
    chuckle out of the many Diablo 2 players that have migrated to WoW. Other
    than that, there is no apparent connection between the two game universes.
    But that's not to say that Blizzard will never attempt to make a tie-in, though,
    in the future. Ya never know.
    -Marshall

    >>> Nope, two seperate and completely different worlds and mythology.
    >>
    >> Three words: "Cow king's hide"
    >
    > Heh, and Wirt's Leg made it over into WoW, too. But they are merely cute
    > solitary transfers from D2 to the WoW universe, aimed towards getting a
    > cheap
    > chuckle out of the many Diablo 2 players that have migrated to WoW. Other
    > than that, there is no apparent connection between the two game universes.
    > But that's not to say that Blizzard will never attempt to make a tie-in,
    > though,
    > in the future. Ya never know.
    > -Marshall

    And the mini diablo of the collector's edition

    "flame_thrower" <skankyxwhore400@charter.net> wrote in message
    > And the mini diablo of the collector's edition

    Sure it's CALLED mini diablo...but what if it's not really
    mini?

    What if that's the full-sized Diablo...and creatures from
    Azeroth are huge and powerful? So powerful they can
    tame this other-worldly demon that is the terror of an
    entire world. At level 1. And carry him around the
    auction house to show off. Like if a level 1 gnome
    fell through a portal to the diablo world he would
    become "Fizzsprocket, Eater of Worlds."
    :-)

    "Mark Rimer" <gone@not.there> wrote in message
    > "flame_thrower" <skankyxwhore400@charter.net> wrote in message
    >> And the mini diablo of the collector's edition
    >
    > Sure it's CALLED mini diablo...but what if it's not really
    > mini?
    >
    > What if that's the full-sized Diablo...and creatures from
    > Azeroth are huge and powerful? So powerful they can
    > tame this other-worldly demon that is the terror of an
    > entire world. At level 1. And carry him around the
    > auction house to show off. Like if a level 1 gnome
    > fell through a portal to the diablo world he would
    > become "Fizzsprocket, Eater of Worlds."
    > :-)

    Hmm. If you hit the edge of existence, will you bounce off?
    -Marshall

    On Tue, 31 May 2005 15:31:08 +0200, "Christian Stauffer"
    <wildcard666@bluewin.ch> scribed into the ether:

    >"Doppleganger" <Doppleganger@earthlink.net> wrote:
    >> In article <3g2uejFabvj8U1@individual.net>, "Klo" <nospam@hotmail.com>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> i was wondering if the diablo games were set in the same world as warcraft
    >>> and in what part of the world if they were? (i never played the diablo
    >>> games)
    >>>
    >> Nope, two seperate and completely different worlds and mythology.
    >
    >Three words: "Cow king's hide"

    Starcraft is there too. Ever see someone with a Zergling for a pet?

    On Tue, 31 May 2005 11:33:06 -0400, flame_thrower wrote:

    > And the mini diablo of the collector's edition

    And a "Staff of Jordan".

    M.
    --
    ClamWin, an open source antivirus software for Windows:
    http://www.clamwin.com/

    Michael Vondung loved her ferret enough to say...
    > On Tue, 31 May 2005 11:33:06 -0400, flame_thrower wrote:
    >
    > > And the mini diablo of the collector's edition
    >
    > And a "Staff of Jordan".

    Peter Andre?

    --
    Trooper
    usenet@trooperlooper.co.uk.invalid (remove the obvious)

    >>> Three words: "Cow king's hide"
    >>
    >> Heh, and Wirt's Leg made it over into WoW, too. But they are merely cute
    >> solitary transfers from D2 to the WoW universe, aimed towards getting a
    >> cheap
    >> chuckle out of the many Diablo 2 players that have migrated to WoW. Other
    >> than that, there is no apparent connection between the two game universes.
    >> But that's not to say that Blizzard will never attempt to make a tie-in,
    >> though,
    >> in the future. Ya never know.
    >> -Marshall
    >>
    >And the mini diablo of the collector's edition

    I've heard a rumour (am starting a rumour) that one of the Diablo mini
    pets is in fact Diablo, escaped to the Warcraft universe after Tyriel
    broke sanctuary, after his DII defeat. He will possess his owners
    character, forcing him to summon legions of the damned and burn down
    pubs, then shove a large sharp stone into his/her head and start new
    reign of terror, showing those girly forsaken and Satyrs what a real
    bad guy is.

Games Warcraft Diablo Video Games