Sign in with
Your question

CDRWIN, ASPI manager?

Last response: in Storage
Anonymous
a b G Storage
July 28, 2001 11:54:11 PM

Hey guys, when I use CDRWIN itst telling me that it doesn't see ASPI manager on my system or whatever. My CDRW is detected by windows, it is fully fuctional and even Easy CD Creator can use it. Whats going on herE? pleasr help!

More about : cdrwin aspi manager

Anonymous
a b G Storage
July 30, 2001 1:04:35 AM

>>ASPI drivers

CDRWIN requires - like many other recording programs - ASPI drivers in order to control both SCSI and ATAPI devices. Unfortunately this may cause problems with the operation of the software. After installing CDRWIN you may receive error messages such as "Unexpected ASPI error". This often means that the installed ASPI drivers are incompatible or obsolete and that CDRWIN is not able to work with them. To avoid these problems please install the current ASPI drivers for your SCSI controller or your IDE system. CDRWIN should then perform as intended.
You can find more information about ASPI drivers here...<<

This was taken from the faq of the manufacturer's website. Visiting manufacturer's websites can sometimes answer questions.

ASPI (Advanced SCSI Programming Interface) are drivers used to communicate with SCSI controllers and are generally not required for Windows environment and are only used in DOS.

"CDRWIN requires - like many other recording programs - ASPI drivers in order to control both SCSI and ATAPI devices. "

I don't know what they are trying to say by that. I wasn't aware that CD Creator .. DCD or Nero used ASPI drivers to communicate with SCSI CD-RWs. But I could certainly be wrong. Or they could simply be trying to polish over the fact that their software does require it.

Try installing the latest ASPI drivers for your controller. It will stick them in the autoexec.bat and load them at start up.

***check the jumpers 1st then check em again***
Related resources
!