Sign in with
Your question
Closed

The newest AMD 8350 vs. Intel I5 3570k Gaming!

Last response: in CPUs
November 19, 2012 9:57:39 PM

OK im here to settle a argument once and for all between friends which processor is better for gaming i need facts multiple sites other forum answers no bais just cold hard facts graphs and benchmarks displaying performance in multiple games with highest settings thank you and have fun with this one im sick of the fighting to whats better i want to use this to end it thank you :sol: 
a b à CPUs
November 19, 2012 10:00:36 PM

IF money is not a concern and you want every single FPS then 3570k. However for price/performance ratio I'm leaning towards the FX-8350. I believe the FPS differences in games are very minimal between the two.

On a side note, (just a recommendation) would have been nice if you included a poll to this thread :lol: 
Games
http://media.bestofmicro.com/Y/R/357651/original/skyrim...
http://media.bestofmicro.com/Z/3/357663/original/world%...

Cinebench
http://img.hexus.net/v2/cpu/amd/Piledriver/FX8748/CB.pn...

And it would be worthwhile to read this:
http://www.pcgamer.com/review/amd-fx-8350-review/
Score
November 19, 2012 10:03:58 PM

Money does happen to be a issue but isnt the difference like 20 $...?
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a b à CPUs
November 19, 2012 10:11:39 PM

Well that depends on your area, for me the difference is $30-$50. Anyways if you did read some of the links I posted, the FX-8350 beats the 3570k in some scenarios and the 3570k beats it in other scenarios. What is your usage for the CPU? Gaming, rendering or something else?

Edit: Take a look at this
http://media.bestofmicro.com/Y/S/357652/original/skyrim...
http://media.bestofmicro.com/Z/5/357665/original/world%...
Either way I am leaning towards the FX-8350, overclock that and invest in a good GPU and you are set to go!
November 19, 2012 10:13:57 PM

Gaming that it which i know mostly relies on Graphics card but processor make the difference like my build has a 8 year old mother board and proccesor the graphics card is the only thing pulling it through games
Score
a b à CPUs
November 19, 2012 10:17:57 PM

Interesting, thought a lot of people would jump on this topic. Usually it's nice to see these threads in a way (no not the insults :lol:  ), I get to read a lot of perspectives and opinions. Anyways just in case you did not see my post above since I edited, I am leaning towards the FX-8350. Make no doubt though they are both real good processors.
Score
November 19, 2012 10:21:53 PM

l give it time next time we meet for lan is on friday so ppl have till then to jump on this thank you the links were very helpful i just need for to counter it :) 
Score
a b à CPUs
November 19, 2012 10:35:37 PM

If there are no more replies by morning (night for me) I guess I will PM some experts I know to help you out here as well.
Score
November 19, 2012 11:17:00 PM

id appreciat that thank you
Score
a c 78 à CPUs
November 19, 2012 11:46:04 PM

socialfox said:
And it would be worthwhile to read this:
http://www.pcgamer.com/review/amd-fx-8350-review/

I'm surprised more reviews don't consider this angle:

"The difference in cost between the six-core CPU and the i5 means you could have a Radeon HD 7870 in the Intel rig but could afford a Radeon HD 7950 in the AMD machine. In those circumstances the AMD rig is going to far outperform the Intel in-game."
Score
a c 82 à CPUs
a b 4 Gaming
November 20, 2012 12:16:01 AM

MAL1K42 said:
OK im here to settle a argument once and for all between friends which processor is better for gaming i need facts multiple sites other forum answers no bais just cold hard facts graphs and benchmarks displaying performance in multiple games with highest settings thank you and have fun with this one im sick of the fighting to whats better i want to use this to end it thank you :sol: 

what is the point of this, just look at reviews for yourself. its a no brainer which one is better for gaming. GO READ A REVIEW!
Score
a b à CPUs
November 20, 2012 12:18:27 AM

Ah, come on he didn't want to piss people off with this or anything. Just wanted opinions from people on this forum (and hard facts which can be found in reviews). He did say thank you as well :lol: 
Score
November 20, 2012 12:19:33 AM

iam2thecrowe said:
what is the point of this, just look at reviews for yourself. its a no brainer which one is better for gaming. GO READ A REVIEW!

the purpose is simple i could look through tons of reviews and reach no solid answer for my friends i need this to be toward me straight from people that know what there talking about and provide the proof of what there saying ive already looked through so much info and when im just saying it they will only believe i got it from bias sources or i search for it in a way that will lean to what i want this way i can make a forum and have multiple people come in and explain why they think its better the more people the less bias it becomes
Score
November 20, 2012 12:26:14 AM

haha no no no captain sparklez and allshamnowow
Score
a b à CPUs
November 20, 2012 12:29:47 AM

Alright I will get back to this thread in the morning, time for me to call it a day. If there aren't any more replies I will get some help.
Score
November 20, 2012 12:32:17 AM

AMD's latest are rubbish chips for anything but heavily multi-threaded workloads which games are not. Even then they run hot and suck power. There is no point buying second best. You want the best performance, especially single-threaded for games, you want Intel.
Score
November 20, 2012 12:40:28 AM

NV88 said:
AMD's latest are rubbish chips for anything but heavily multi-threaded workloads which games are not. Even then they run hot and suck power. There is no point buying second best. You want the best performance, especially single-threaded for games, you want Intel.

Sources for this?
Score
a c 471 à CPUs
a b 4 Gaming
November 20, 2012 1:29:46 AM

Since both CPUs are currently selling for $220 at newegg.com, then without a doubt I would go with the i5-3570k. AMD CPUs simply consumes too much power vs. Intel CPUs. I wouldn't even build a budget PC around an AMD CPU until they can lower their power consumption since I pay about 2x the national average for electricity.
Score
a b à CPUs
November 20, 2012 2:09:11 AM

An FX 6300 can already beat the 3570k in some productivity benchmarks. But neither it nor the 8350 can beat Intel in gaming performance.

So if money is an issue, go with the FX 6300, as it's the better value than the 8350.

The price difference between an 8350 and 3570k is just not big enough to justify not going 3570k, especially not if your main intention is gaming.
Score
November 20, 2012 2:09:24 AM

hmm never thought of it like that interms of long run cost
Score
December 2, 2012 10:16:02 PM

For gaming? Hands down 3570k,Im a huge amd fan but i would say 3570k for gaming but for video rendering AND gaming 8350 would win.
Score
December 12, 2012 10:07:02 PM

Best answer selected by MAL1K42.
Score
January 18, 2013 12:05:02 PM

Well, I have been trying to decide on which to get between the two as well. I already have a compatible MOBO for the FX-8350, so obviously I would go with that. Although the i5-3570k is an amazing processor, it is still $40 more where I am, so buying a new MOBO, processor and GPU wouldn't be worth it to me over getting a cheaper CPU and use more for the GPU. It isn't hard to tell that it mainly depends on what you do with your computer, but they are fairly close in power for gaming. Both have advantages and con. The intels are better for gaming because they are superior with fewer cores, but the AMD's are amazing with multi-threaded applications. The FPS differences in games is usually so minimal that with a monitor under 60Hz you can't tell the difference. The GPU is also a huge factor. Fighting over the CPU's in this instance isn't really necessary. 8350 is more bang for the buck I would be paying as I can get it around $175, and the i5-3570k would be a minimum of $220. The FPS loss isn't that much for most games, and putting $45 more into a GPU would get going from 7850 to 7870. Or if I go with next gen, it would get me close to going from 7950 to 7970. The price differences for those 2 are a little bit more than the 7800's.
Score
January 18, 2013 12:05:02 PM

Well, I have been trying to decide on which to get between the two as well. I already have a compatible MOBO for the FX-8350, so obviously I would go with that. Although the i5-3570k is an amazing processor, it is still $40 more where I am, so buying a new MOBO, processor and GPU wouldn't be worth it to me over getting a cheaper CPU and use more for the GPU. It isn't hard to tell that it mainly depends on what you do with your computer, but they are fairly close in power for gaming. Both have advantages and con. The intels are better for gaming because they are superior with fewer cores, but the AMD's are amazing with multi-threaded applications. The FPS differences in games is usually so minimal that with a monitor under 60Hz you can't tell the difference. The GPU is also a huge factor. Fighting over the CPU's in this instance isn't really necessary. 8350 is more bang for the buck I would be paying as I can get it around $175, and the i5-3570k would be a minimum of $220. The FPS loss isn't that much for most games, and putting $45 more into a GPU would get going from 7850 to 7870. Or if I go with next gen, it would get me close to going from 7950 to 7970. The price differences for those 2 are a little bit more than the 7800's.
Score
January 18, 2013 12:05:10 PM

Score
March 13, 2013 4:09:22 AM

8350 its simply an easy choice

all rounder the 8350 just cant be beating

i like intel and a big fan, but the 8350 is just amazing and too spot the difference with an intel your just being ignorant or plain stupit.

the price says it all
Score
March 13, 2013 4:13:32 AM

compare it to an i7 too and your talking seconds and 1-5 fps diff maybe a few more at push, bothing really worthit in real world tho.

seconds are huge in benchmarks and on paer but in the real world its simpley 1,2,3 lol nothing
Score
March 13, 2013 4:14:00 AM

paer=paper lol
Score
March 13, 2013 4:49:35 AM

on another topic i wrote this

for me best CPU for gaming is AMD, let me tell why,
first of all AMD doesn't change their mobo technology as frequently as intel. AM+ mobo's will be on the martket for the next few years which means it will be cheaper to upgrade your cpu in the future without changing overall system.
secondly amd CPU's are a lot more better in multi core processing when compared to intel. Intel might be still the faster CPU for single or lightly threaded applications however more and more sofware producers are switching to mulit core applications and gaming will also do the same in lets say 1 year. So buying an AMD cpu will perform better in future games, crysis 3 is a good example for this.
Thirdly gaming performace is depends more in GPU, as overall system price with an AMD system will help you buy a better graphics card which you wuld probably can not buy with an intel system. This can also help you perform better in games compared with an intel system with lower class graphic card.
On the other hand AMD will be using more power thus increasing the power supply capacity, ventilation system and overall system noise.
Depends on your choice mainly. For me an AMD with an 79xx series graphic card will play any game you wish. In fact i have an old amd phenom II x4 955 with stock speed coupled with 7950 graphics card with 8GB of ram and no problem playing games. Even Oblivion seems to run smoothly with full details at 1920x1080 res.
Hope this helps
Score
!