Inno3D GeForce 6600 AGP8 256MB

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

Hi all,
I thought of replacing my existing FX5700LE with a new Inno3D GeForce 6600
AGP8 256MB.
http://www.inno3d.com/products/geforce6/6600.html

I know the 6600 is not the top end card, but this is the only GeForce 6
series AGP card I found.
It cost about 175 US$.
A 6600 GT card will cost about 270 US$ and a 6800 card will cost about 360
US$
Both will require me to replace the MB & CPU to support the PCI Express.

Any experience with this specific card ?
Is it worth the money ?

Thanks,
Tal
1 answer Last reply
More about inno3d geforce 6600 agp8 256mb
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Tal fuchs wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > I thought of replacing my existing FX5700LE with a new Inno3D GeForce 6600
    > AGP8 256MB.
    > http://www.inno3d.com/products/geforce6/6600.html
    >
    > I know the 6600 is not the top end card, but this is the only GeForce 6
    > series AGP card I found.
    > It cost about 175 US$.
    > A 6600 GT card will cost about 270 US$ and a 6800 card will cost about 360
    > US$
    > Both will require me to replace the MB & CPU to support the PCI Express.
    >
    > Any experience with this specific card ?
    > Is it worth the money ?

    Various hardware test sites insist that a 660GT car dcan be had for
    $200. It is the recommended mid/high range card at the moment.

    (www.sharkyextreme.com, www.anandtech.com, www.tomshardware.com).

    regards,

    Achtung Ecco

Geforce Video Games