Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Power options,change processor state(min-max)

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Windows 7
  • Processors
  • Power
Last response: in Windows 7
January 18, 2010 4:31:27 PM

hi,i have Windows 7 on my rig, when i go to set my power options,and change the minimum processor state or max,i only have the option 'system cooling policy',but not the minimum and maximum state.
On my other desktop i can see these options.
clicked on change settings that are not available link and it did not appear either.?

More about : power options change processor state min max

January 20, 2010 10:54:48 PM

Wow, i guess this will be the question of the month...
m
l

Best solution

April 7, 2010 8:19:59 PM

did you ever get your answer? I'm having hte same problem w/ my parents' dell vostro 200 system. The processor is always running at full speed. I'm using windows 7 x64 w/ an E5200 processor.
Related resources
April 7, 2010 11:17:36 PM

No.The only thing I was thinking of is the processor, the options might be not available for this one.This option maybe only available for the E series...
m
l
April 7, 2010 11:17:50 PM

Best answer selected by damian86.
m
l
February 4, 2014 2:32:16 AM

Processor Power Management, you will see three settings: Minimum Processor State, Maximum Processor State and System Cooling Policy.

The Minimum Processor State and Maximum Processor State settings can be used to lock the system processors into a specific processor throttle state. The default values vary from 5% (minimum) to 100% (minimum or maximum) depending on the Power

m
l
February 4, 2014 2:45:15 AM

Processor Power Management, you will see three settings: Minimum Processor State, Maximum Processor State and System Cooling Policy.

The Minimum Processor State and Maximum Processor State settings can be used to lock the system processors into a specific processor throttle state. The default values vary from 5% (minimum) to 100% (minimum or maximum) depending on the Power

m
l
!