Search Specific Folders

I'm trying to figure out how to limit searches in microsoft windows XP
prefessional to specific sub-folders. Can anyone tell me how to do that?

To save a search query:

When you complete your search using Search Companion,
click the File menu, and then click Save Search.
In Save in, specify the location where you want to save the search query.
In File name, type a name for the file, and then click Save.
When you open a search query, it will automatically begin a new search
using the saved search criteria.

For additional information, open XP's "Help and Support Center"
and search for SEARCH.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"DSAbrams" wrote:

| I'm trying to figure out how to limit searches in microsoft windows XP
| prefessional to specific sub-folders. Can anyone tell me how to do that?

And type the names of folders you want searched in the Look In drop down list/edit box seperated by a semi colon. Turn off Search Sub Folders in Advanced search options. Saving a search doesn't save this.

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote in message news:uWoUiXzKFHA.1308@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> To save a search query:
>
> When you complete your search using Search Companion,
> click the File menu, and then click Save Search.
> In Save in, specify the location where you want to save the search query.
> In File name, type a name for the file, and then click Save.
> When you open a search query, it will automatically begin a new search
> using the saved search criteria.
>
> For additional information, open XP's "Help and Support Center"
> and search for SEARCH.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "DSAbrams" wrote:
>
> | I'm trying to figure out how to limit searches in microsoft windows XP
> | prefessional to specific sub-folders. Can anyone tell me how to do that?

TRENDING THREADS