Designate a default folder

Is there a way to designate another folder as the default folder other than
"My Documents?" I wish to go to a particular folder while in Microsoft Excel
2003 in Windows XP SP2.

To change the default location of the My Documents folder, follow these steps:
-Click Start, and then point to My Documents.
-Right-click My Documents, and then click Properties. Click the Target tab.
In the Target box, do one of the following:
-Type the path to the folder location that you want, and then click OK . For
example, D:\My Stuff . If the folder does not exist, the Create Message
dialog box is displayed. Click Yes to create the folder, and then click OK.

From http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822107

" Default file location setting is also on the General tab in the Options
dialog box. This setting is different from a startup folder; it sets the
folder location that you want Excel to point to when you open or save a file
by using the File menu. "

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User