Designate a default folder

Is there a way to designate another folder as the default folder other than
"My Documents?" I wish to go to a particular folder while in Microsoft Excel
2003 in Windows XP SP2.
2 answers Last reply
More about designate default folder

    To change the default location of the My Documents folder, follow these steps:
    -Click Start, and then point to My Documents.
    -Right-click My Documents, and then click Properties. Click the Target tab.
    In the Target box, do one of the following:
    -Type the path to the folder location that you want, and then click OK . For
    example, D:\My Stuff . If the folder does not exist, the Create Message
    dialog box is displayed. Click Yes to create the folder, and then click OK.

    From http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822107

    " Default file location setting is also on the General tab in the Options
    dialog box. This setting is different from a startup folder; it sets the
    folder location that you want Excel to point to when you open or save a file
    by using the File menu. "

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "ChuckH" <ChuckH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Is there a way to designate another folder as the default folder other
    > than
    > "My Documents?" I wish to go to a particular folder while in Microsoft
    > Excel
    > 2003 in Windows XP SP2.

Configuration Default Microsoft Customization Windows XP