How to set minimum width of taskbar entries in Win XP..

Tao X2--

I think a couple ways although I haven't targeted this directly:

1) 3rd party skinners of the buttons and task bar like Stardocks and TGTSoft
Style XP for example.

2) Following this blog segment on them and also check Edward Sanchez's last
post at the bottom of the blog:

http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2005/02/10/370445.aspx

From Edward Sanchez here:

"Additionally, you can adjust the width to your liking by editing the
"MinWidth" value in the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics

Explorer also uses this setting to determine the default width of Taskbar
buttons. One of the first things I do after a fresh Windows install is to
increase this value to give me nice, wide Taskbar buttons that don't
needlessly cut off the caption text."

Best,

Chad Harris