Help Needed ! Laptop keeps crashing randomly

faisalkagadkar

Honorable
Nov 20, 2012
hey Guys ! I really dont know on which forum I gotta post my query but here it is anyway.

My laptop keeps on switching off randomly every 3-4 hourly especially when I'm gaming but it does happen even when I'm surfing. I doubt its about the battery since It occurs even when its charging or even when its connected to the power and fully charged.

The pc gets totally shut down. And repeated attempts to restart the comp fail as the comp just starts showing some usual toshiba startup stuff and then crashes before showing the windows logo. So basically when my pc shuts down it stays like that even when i try to restart it repeatedly for like the next 10-15 minutes. And then after a while it is back and running like now and functions perfectly well until it will randomly crash again.

I own a Toshiba Satellite L500 21 -T.

Thanks !

:bounce:

Nedal0

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
Download speedfan and post back temperatures on idle and under load (Gaming and Internet)

Also try cleaning the Rear, Side and Bottom vents from any dust build up. A can of compressed air should do, use a electric blower if you have one.

Post back soon

faisalkagadkar

Honorable
Nov 20, 2012

Sorry been busy to reply.

SpeedFan -

On IDLE - HD0 -42 C
Core0 - 61 C
Core1 - 58 C

faisalkagadkar

Honorable
Nov 20, 2012
Ok @nedal - Ive opened my laptop ..cleaned the fan and removed all the dust..it was horrible.. now my temperatures are

IDLE

HD - 34
Core 1 -42
Core 2 -35

Its come down considerably but dont know if thats since i spent the whole day opening my laptop and just started it ... or its actually reduced ...

I will have to comment on the pc switching off on its own after I use it for a while...

Anyways another problem has risen... My Laptop scrollpad has stopped working now.... :( ( I dont know what Ive forgotten to attach or what else did i do wrong ) ..

I can use an external usb mouse and It functions well..but cant use the inbuilt scrollpad and the left and right click buttons on it.