Sign in with
Your question

What NVIDIA cards will run two monitors landscape one portrait?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 16, 2012 10:22:32 PM

I need to run three monitors 1920 x 1200 with two positioned in landscape and one positioned in portrait. I've read NVIDIA descriptions about the GTX690 and other cards but I cannot find a clear answer as to which cards will run my setup. I currently use a Radeon 6950 and it does run the configuration correctly but every since I upgraded my mobo to an Asus p8p67 the performance has diminished and I get blue screens so I want to return to Nvidia products. Any information greatly appreciated, especially links to actual manufacturer text that verifies the configuration is possible.
May 17, 2012 5:54:54 PM

This reply is off topic somewhat but but both the board and video card have the latest drivers.
m
l
Related resources
May 17, 2012 6:08:18 PM

The video is not relevant to my problem as it only deals with the basics of setting up two monitors. I currently run three identical monitors at 1900 x 1200 resolution, 2 are set to landscape and one is set to portrait. My problem is the quality is poor and I want to switch to NVIDIA but I need to know which, if any, NVIDIA graphic cards can run the two landscape-one portrait three monitor setup.
m
l
May 21, 2012 2:39:04 AM

I looked at your recommendation and have been reading all the documentation I can about the card and although it runs up to four monitors there is no clear indication as to whether or not I would be able to have at least one of the monitors running in portrait. It appears there is no way to contact NVIDIA directly if you are an everyday consumer and I haven't had any responses to posts on their forums. Frustrating, I guess the only option is to buy the card from somebody that has a 100% return policy in case it doesn't work. Thanks for your efforts to try and problem solve this.
m
l
May 29, 2012 5:31:51 PM

It appears the answer seems to be yes, the GeForce GTX 690 (and probably some other late model NVIDIA cards that can run four monitors) can run two monitors in landscape and one or two in portrait, if you are using desktop extended mode. This is according to NVIDIA and EVGA technical support. Note that ASUA technical support said that you cannot. As far as I can tell none of them actually tried it but presumably NVIDIA knows what they are talking about. So some day when the GTX 690 actually becomes restocked or the price gougers on Amazon aren't charging $2,000 for a $1,000 card I will be able to order one and find out for myself.
m
l
!