Status
Not open for further replies.

xenrail

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012
Hey guys, i'm here because i have a question about my cpu's core speed max capacity.

As you can see from my 3dmark11 benchmark,

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/4986945

my cpu is not running at 3594-3595 mhz but is actually running at 3394-3395 mhz.

Did i get a faulty processor or is there a different reason for this?

I've opened up my cpu-z and monitored my core speed and every now and then i would see it jump to 3495 and then to 3595 but never stays there.

Some other results @ 3dmark11 show users with the same processor & laptop model benching @ 3595

Solution
3DMark just takes a snapshot of the speed at random, so it's liable to show anything.

Seriously, you haven't seen other people's 3DMark scores with their CPU's basically at idle? Happens more times than not. If their CPU's show max speed, they were probably using the High Performance power plan instead of Balanced (or whatever it might be set to, otherwise).

You're fine. No worries.

Edit: Never mind the fact that your score was one of the best in its class...
3DMark just takes a snapshot of the speed at random, so it's liable to show anything.

Seriously, you haven't seen other people's 3DMark scores with their CPU's basically at idle? Happens more times than not. If their CPU's show max speed, they were probably using the High Performance power plan instead of Balanced (or whatever it might be set to, otherwise).

You're fine. No worries.

Edit: Never mind the fact that your score was one of the best in its class...

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.