Best gaming headset for under 150 bucks

Tags:
  • Sound Cards
  • Headsets
  • Gaming
  • Components
Last response: in Components
November 20, 2012 3:57:32 AM

i was looking at the corsair 1500 but i will probly get a sound card eventually so i dont want a usb headset, and i would like it to have a good mic aswell. and i would like it to be comfortable also. and it doesnt have to look good but you know, i dont want to look like a complete retard if someone walks in when im gaming. and im in canada so it has to be available here, thanks for the help

More about : gaming headset 150 bucks

Related resources
November 20, 2012 8:09:16 AM

are the logitech g35's any good, cause i saw a video where the guy was commentating with it and the mic was amazing. and i think one of doom49 minion/partners has them and it sounds pretty good, and apparently they have some cool voice morphing thing to make your voice higher pitched or lower pitched
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
November 20, 2012 8:28:35 AM

My friend thinks so i never try them before i like Astro A40 and SteelSeries Siberia V2 i have not try to many of them.To be honest around seven or so different pairs so far those were the only ones i cared for and i didn't think either was all that lol
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
November 20, 2012 10:22:28 AM

My OPINION:

I love my razer carch it works great feels great sounds great @ 70 - 80$ it isn't that bad. A step up: razer megaladon, better sound and a sound engine can't be to bad right?

This is just a personal opinion don't come at me saying OVERPRICED JUNK... he has the budget for it obv.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
November 20, 2012 10:46:00 AM

Just ignore it. After all it's pretty obvious their a kid by the way they behave.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
November 20, 2012 1:57:39 PM

http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphon...

Pick one, add Clip-on-mic, and pair with a decent soundcard with Dolby Headphone/CMSS-3D support.

I've found, at best, gaming headsets to be "meh". G35 was vastly inferior to my PC 350's (and I didn't find them that good anyways), Razer Megaladon was outright bad, as was the Tritton AX Pro. Dolby Headphone + Audio Technica m50 blew all those "gaming" headsets out of the water...in gaming.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
November 20, 2012 2:13:19 PM

ohhgourami said:
All the above mentioned "gaming" headsets are garbage. Get an Audio Technica AD700 with a desktop mic and call it a day. Get a soundcard later down the road. Will beat any of these so called "gaming" headsets...

http://www.amazon.com/Technica-ATH-AD700-Open-air-Audio...

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Desktop-Microphone-Black...

Better sound quality for games AND music
:heink:  :ouch:  those are funky looking do they come in different color ?
m
l
November 20, 2012 3:11:24 PM

i think i go for the g35's i didnt really like any of the other mics on any other headsets of this tier. but do you know if there is an analog version of the g35 so i could use it with a sound card
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
November 20, 2012 4:21:39 PM

Sounds good bro.I just use the ASUS Xonar Xense "bundle" & Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma Gaming Headphones that my cousin gave me.Lol i am not into spending a grip on these sorts of things. Anyway good luck!
m
l
!