May 10, 2012
Computer Specs:

Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77
Processor: Intel i7 3700k
Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 680
Memory: (2) Corsair Vengeance 4GB
PSU: Corsair 750TX

Monitors: Acer G215HV (2)
- Connection: DVI-I / DVI-D (see GTX 680)

So, I recently had an issue where the i7's stock CPU Fan wouldn't spin correctly when my computer booted up. The awesome user base here at Tom's Hardware helped me narrow it down to either a mobo or fan problem. Went ahead and bought an aftermarket 120mm fan, works like a charm.

Here's the snag: I reinstalled my OS to get a fresh start after I installed the fan. Windows installs just fine. I logged into the computer (windows update turned off for the time being) and installed the driver for my wireless card from disk. Rebooted, still working just fine. Next step: straight to EVGA.com to download the driver for the graphics card. Got the appropriate one (non-beta) and installed it. Once the Nvidia software had finished running and prompted for me to restart the computer, I did so.

When my computer booted back up, as soon as the Windows 7 starting animation (swirling light orbs bit) finished, the monitor went black and gave a "No Input" message after about ~two seconds. Same symptoms on multiple reboots (uEFI BIOS still reachable), and I've tried reinstalling Windows 7 again as well.

I've sent a ticket to EVGA for assistance (no response yet), but thought I'd reach out to you folks for assistance again.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, as I'm really hoping the card isn't busted and I'm just making a stupid mistake somewhere along the process.

douglasw

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012
I had something like that happen to me. I also have the Asus sabertooth Z77 and i bought the XFX radeon 6950 2gb DD series video card and i installed the monitor but i hooked my HDM1 to DVi cable to the lower dvi port on the video card and all i got on my screen was black and a no signal error..But lucky enough the other dvi port worked i have 2 monitor so i use that dvi and a hdmi...You know maybe its a driver issue with you card like you said maybe its a dumb mistake...It you did fix the problem could you post it fix...