Battlefield 3 cpu not showing any tempurature change

Status
Not open for further replies.

gomilly

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012
so ive recently been playing battlefield 3 on my core 2 quad q6700 stock speed cpu and when using game booster i noticed that my cpu temperature hovers around 21-22 degrees Celsius even when playing battlefield 3 where the cpu usage is around 90-100%.
is this normal ?
or is something wrong?
it doesnt make sense to me

Solution
Try to run Prime95 test and observe the temperature. If it doesn't move much, either the temperature sensor spoiled or the software got bugs.

Try out 3rd party temp monitoring software as well.

mesab66

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
cpu useage of 90-100% (or well below!) will always result in a cpu temp rise - unless you've one hell of a cooler, cpu or both! in either case I want one!

Realistically, what are you using to measure the temp and what settings are you using (where are you measuring it from)?

ttcboy

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
Try to run Prime95 test and observe the temperature. If it doesn't move much, either the temperature sensor spoiled or the software got bugs.

Try out 3rd party temp monitoring software as well.

Solution

gomilly

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012

thanks for the reply.
i tried out prime95 for 15 min and the whole time game booster was telling me it was 21-22. the mainboards temperature went up and back down after but the cpu stayed put. the prime95 test seemed to go forever. is there an end to it where it shows the results? i stopped after 15 min because i thought that was long enough.
also what are these third party temp monitoring software? could you please give me a link to one?

gomilly

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012

i first noticed it when i downloaded game booster to free up a little more ram for gaming and it also shows cpu temp, gpu temp, mainboard temp and harddisk temp, as well as fan speed though i'm not sure which fan it is talking about.
imagine overclocking this thing if it somehow wasn't a glitch!!!!

dscudella

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012
Download realtemp. Very accurate program as long as the sensors on your mobo are working. With Prime 95 you let it run as long as you want, there isn't an end, it just keeps going.

Your programs or sensor are wrong, Prime 95 loads your cpu to produce it's maximum heat.

ttcboy

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006

^^^ Like dscudella said, there is no end to prime95. It just pushes ur CPU to 100% max so that u would know what will be ur CPU temp or stability under constant 100% load.

For the temperature monitoring, the best is to use the utility provided by ur motherboard manufacturer but for the third party apps, u can try coretemp http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

or

HWmonitor http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Status
Not open for further replies.