Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Battlefield 3 cpu not showing any tempurature change

Last response: in CPUs
November 20, 2012 5:42:17 AM

so ive recently been playing battlefield 3 on my core 2 quad q6700 stock speed cpu and when using game booster i noticed that my cpu temperature hovers around 21-22 degrees Celsius even when playing battlefield 3 where the cpu usage is around 90-100%.
is this normal ?
or is something wrong?
it doesnt make sense to me
November 20, 2012 6:11:15 AM

cpu useage of 90-100% (or well below!) will always result in a cpu temp rise - unless you've one hell of a cooler, cpu or both! in either case I want one!

Realistically, what are you using to measure the temp and what settings are you using (where are you measuring it from)?
Score

Best solution

a b à CPUs
November 20, 2012 6:42:29 AM

Try to run Prime95 test and observe the temperature. If it doesn't move much, either the temperature sensor spoiled or the software got bugs.

Try out 3rd party temp monitoring software as well.
Related resources
November 20, 2012 10:59:59 AM

ttcboy said:
Try to run Prime95 test and observe the temperature. If it doesn't move much, either the temperature sensor spoiled or the software got bugs.

Try out 3rd party temp monitoring software as well.

thanks for the reply.
i tried out prime95 for 15 min and the whole time game booster was telling me it was 21-22. the mainboards temperature went up and back down after but the cpu stayed put. the prime95 test seemed to go forever. is there an end to it where it shows the results? i stopped after 15 min because i thought that was long enough.
also what are these third party temp monitoring software? could you please give me a link to one?
Score
November 20, 2012 11:05:39 AM

mesab66 said:
cpu useage of 90-100% (or well below!) will always result in a cpu temp rise - unless you've one hell of a cooler, cpu or both! in either case I want one!

Realistically, what are you using to measure the temp and what settings are you using (where are you measuring it from)?

i first noticed it when i downloaded game booster to free up a little more ram for gaming and it also shows cpu temp, gpu temp, mainboard temp and harddisk temp, as well as fan speed though i'm not sure which fan it is talking about.
imagine overclocking this thing if it somehow wasn't a glitch!!!!
Score
November 20, 2012 1:01:06 PM

Download realtemp. Very accurate program as long as the sensors on your mobo are working. With Prime 95 you let it run as long as you want, there isn't an end, it just keeps going.

Your programs or sensor are wrong, Prime 95 loads your cpu to produce it's maximum heat.
Score
a b à CPUs
November 20, 2012 11:35:21 PM

gomilly said:
thanks for the reply.
i tried out prime95 for 15 min and the whole time game booster was telling me it was 21-22. the mainboards temperature went up and back down after but the cpu stayed put. the prime95 test seemed to go forever. is there an end to it where it shows the results? i stopped after 15 min because i thought that was long enough.
also what are these third party temp monitoring software? could you please give me a link to one?

^^^ Like dscudella said, there is no end to prime95. It just pushes ur CPU to 100% max so that u would know what will be ur CPU temp or stability under constant 100% load.

For the temperature monitoring, the best is to use the utility provided by ur motherboard manufacturer but for the third party apps, u can try coretemp http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

or

HWmonitor http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
Score
a b à CPUs
November 20, 2012 11:39:00 PM

If all those temperature programs give similar readings you probably have defective temperature sensors. Might also help to update the bios since sometimes those issues are corrected with a bios update.
Score
a b à CPUs
November 20, 2012 11:39:38 PM

With those temps you mut live in a liquid nitrogen environment , sound imposible
Score
November 25, 2012 12:35:34 AM

ok i used hwmonitor and i reached 60c max temp on my cpu. thanks for the help it must have been a software bug
Score
November 25, 2012 12:36:11 AM

Best answer selected by gomilly.
Score
!