Trying to figure out whats bottlenecking my system

starwiper

Honorable
Nov 20, 2012
I was wondering if anyone can Give me some insight into what has been causing Bottlenecking in my system currently
the spec's are:
i7 2700k @3.5Ghz
2x4GB Corsair Vengence RAM
650w Corsair PSU
Asrock z68 Extreme 4
2x Seagate ST31000524A2 ATA
Gigabyte OC GTX670
Windows 7 Ultimate

For some Reason, there are some games, (such as Arma2 in specific) where the FPS is around 25-30 even though both the GPU and CPU usage is <%70 And the ram is averaging %80
the only think that i can think of is my HD but that wouldn't cause an FPS drop, im currently Using Ultimate defrag to consolidate all of the Files for this game in particular to the outside of the Drive, as its running as a slave, to test if i see any Difference in FPS, But i always thought that a Slow Hard drive would create sturrering or freezing effects in games, not fps issues.
i was just wondering if anyone had any insight into what would cause this situation

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
The HDD would not have any effect on frame rate. The only time the HDD comes into play is loading sections of the game. Do you have a lot of stuff running in the background? At start up? How many monitors and what resolution?

If your system is plagued with registry errors and resource wasting junk files and other crap, run CCleaner and have it do a Clean and Registry both.
http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

If this occurs only during multi-player action, it could be your internet connection.

tdzmuzza

Honorable
Nov 14, 2012

depending if you playing the dayZ mod on a server,then most the times its the servers,also i get huge fps drop with my asus 680 only on dayZ havent played arma II its self but dayZ seems to give me fps drop when in towns and citys,out side of towns its fine.also make sure your graphics cards drivers are upto date.
Muzz