Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

I5 3450 or 3570k

Last response: in Systems
Share
July 10, 2012 6:58:44 AM

hey guys i was just wondering if id notice a difference between the i5 3450 and the 3570k @ 4.7ghz while gaming

More about : 3450 3570k

July 10, 2012 7:17:21 AM

Well, the 3450 doesn't come with an unlocked multiplier so you wont be able to overclock it much at all.

Go with the 3570k. :) 

Edit: If you will see a difference depends much on the rest of your specs and what games you will play though.
m
0
l
July 10, 2012 7:48:25 AM

If you want to overclock, get the CPU ending with "K" and make sure u have after market cooler.

FYI, ppl can easily get 3570k to 4.5Ghz with aftermarket coolers but beyond that, u really have to spend time and tweak.
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

July 10, 2012 7:56:11 AM

It will depend on your game , your graphics card and resolution of your monitor

For most people gaming at 1080p res with a single graphics card they will get no noticeable improvement in fps with an OC on a 3570k .
They will use more power , produce more heat , and more noise

Id probably buy a 3570k anyway ... but you are missing nothing if you just get a 3550
Share
July 10, 2012 10:40:28 AM

cobot said:
Well, the 3450 doesn't come with an unlocked multiplier so you wont be able to overclock it much at all.

Go with the 3570k. :) 

Edit: If you will see a difference depends much on the rest of your specs and what games you will play though.



well im on a tight budget and the lower price of the 3450 means i can focus more money on a better gpu im looking at the gtx 670 atm and i plan the play bf3, skyrim etc
m
0
l
July 10, 2012 10:41:55 AM

ttcboy said:
If you want to overclock, get the CPU ending with "K" and make sure u have after market cooler.

FYI, ppl can easily get 3570k to 4.5Ghz with aftermarket coolers but beyond that, u really have to spend time and tweak.



well overclocking is not that important to me i mean am i going to get 10 extra frames from over clocking to 4.5
m
0
l
July 10, 2012 10:44:46 AM

Outlander_04 said:
It will depend on your game , your graphics card and resolution of your monitor

For most people gaming at 1080p res with a single graphics card they will get no noticeable improvement in fps with an OC on a 3570k .
They will use more power , produce more heat , and more noise

Id probably buy a 3570k anyway ... but you are missing nothing if you just get a 3550


i plan to play bf3 and skyrim at 1080p ultra settings

i could either get

3570k with hd 7870

or

3450 with gtx 670
m
0
l
July 10, 2012 10:51:32 AM

jrunv said:
i plan to play bf3 and skyrim at 1080p ultra settings

i could either get

3570k with hd 7870

or

3450 with gtx 670



Would you be willing to stretch your budget a little bit and go for a 3570k and a 7950?
The price difference between the 7870 and the 7950 is quite small...

You will max both games in any case, but the 3570k with it's overclocking potential will make future upgrades easier.
m
0
l
July 11, 2012 6:14:53 AM

cobot said:
Would you be willing to stretch your budget a little bit and go for a 3570k and a 7950?
The price difference between the 7870 and the 7950 is quite small...

You will max both games in any case, but the 3570k with it's overclocking potential will make future upgrades easier.


in nz those cards have a $200 price difference and the 670 is about the smae price as a 7950

here are som links

gtx 670-http://www.alphacity.co.nz/index.php?main_page=product_...

hd 7870-http://www.alphacity.co.nz/index.php?main_page=product_...

hd 7950-http://www.alphacity.co.nz/index.php?main_page=product_...

graphics card here in nz are very expensive
m
0
l
July 12, 2012 12:20:57 AM

If u can wait, why don't u try on Amazon. Even with the international shipping, it still might be much cheaper. That's what i do sometimes.
m
0
l
July 12, 2012 5:41:52 AM

ttcboy said:
If u can wait, why don't u try on Amazon. Even with the international shipping, it still might be much cheaper. That's what i do sometimes.



id like to buy locally so if any thing happened i could return it

but if the prices are alot cheaper than id be willing to order overseas
m
0
l
July 12, 2012 5:43:15 AM

thanks for all the advice everyone and i think im going to buy the 3450 with a gtx 670
m
0
l
July 12, 2012 5:43:43 AM

jrunv said:
unfortunatly newegg does not ship to nz so thats a no go


Ahh. Missed the NZ part.
m
0
l
July 12, 2012 5:43:48 AM

Best answer selected by jrunv.
m
0
l
!