I want to buy diablo 3 but i know my graphics card is not going to cut it. I know nothing about computer upgrade stuff or the technical stuff. I went on canyourunit and i passed everything except the graphics card.
some questions:Can a graphics card not fit a certain pc.
is it hard to install a graphics card.
and can any graphics card be compatible with any pc
My google skills are weak today so I can't confirm it, but that case is very small and it looks like it only supports a low profile gpu. In either case, it's cpu is rather old so putting a 7850 in there would be overkill. If I were you I'd get a low profile 6670. It's cheap, does a decent job and doesn't pull much power. Just make sure you get the low profile option to be safe.
why would you tell him to buy a 600watt PSU and a video card that doesn't even require a 4 or 6pin power plugin? it's beyond overkill, he can at least use the 7750 with the PSU he has... it's NEW technology... and would run circles around that 430...
im trying to help him make a good decision, not a bad one...
BUT REMEMBER!!! IF YOU ARE USING THAT COMPUTER, IT WILL NOT HAVE THE RIGHT POWER SUPPLY!!! YOU NEED A POWER SUPPLY MINUMUM OF 600W AND HAS TO HAVE ATLEAST 2 PCI-E 6 pin connectors!!
To install a graphics card:
1. Make sure everything is unplugged.
2. Take out old Graphics card (If there is one.) (It will look like this: http://www.geekstogo.com/misc/tutorials/system_building... )
3. When taking out the graphics card, there is a little slot clip thing, you have to push it out for it to release the graphics card.
4. Insert new graphics card by simply pushing it into the x16 slot, make sure that you take out the little slot shield things so you can access the ports in the back, otherwise you can't fit the card in.
5. Plug in your PCI-E Power Cords ( http://www.playtool.com/pages/psuconnectors/pcie6plus2.... )
6. Put Side panel on, Plug in everything, but instead of plugging in your screen to your usual spot, plug it into the graphics card.
7. Turn on PC. Insert driver discs, or if you have vista/windows7 you can just wait for the drivers to download automatically (it will look weird at first)
8. Play Diablo 3