Status
Not open for further replies.

t2cstevenson

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
Hey guys, I recently updated to a gtx 570 and i'm loving it but i have a question. I run three monitors at 1080p (not surround just one main monitor and two for other stuff), one off of my 570, which is the one that i run games, movies and other gfx intensive applications on, and the others for background web browsing or word processing. I was wondering, would I see a performance increase in metro 2033 and batman arkham city by making my 520 a dedicated physX card? because when i run games i never have anything on the other screens anyways. any input greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Solution
No you will not get any more fps from a Physx GPU. You would be better of using it for your other two monitors and if you have two 570's then SLI them and then you will see a huge in crease in fps.

xtreme5

Distinguished
why are you running three moniters? Isn't 1 enough, also physx does not increase the performance it calculate complex particles in your games which seems good and make reality. Physx chop down your FPS but if you have an good cpu then it will be fine.

DM186

Splendid
No you will not get any more fps from a Physx GPU. You would be better of using it for your other two monitors and if you have two 570's then SLI them and then you will see a huge in crease in fps.

Solution

t2cstevenson

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011

Ok thanks much, I changed the setup to what you mentioned and plan on adding a second 570 within a few months. thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.