Nightmare in Booty Bay

Many of you remember me discussing the exploits of Lehi (paladin) and
Bathsheba (rogue) throughout their journeys to 60. I now have a horde
rogue, Laban, level 30, on PVP Frostmane. What a blast! Anyway, he
had to travel to Booty Bay for some item required for warsong
shipment.

He got on the blimp at Org, flew to Grom'Gol, and started marching
south. This wasn't first time he had been here, as at level 16 he
came here to pick up the flight point and swim north to westfall to
pick up a bandit mask from the Defias clan. So he ran east out of
Grom and some dorf hunter started shooting him. The camp guards took
care of that guy. Ok, scare #1 was over. Ran down the road toward
BB. On the way, two separate ?? paladins passed him headed north, but
were honorable enough to just keep going. They probably though Laban
was bait.

On the way I saw a booty bay goblin guard just standing in the middle
of the path south. I thought that was odd, and just kept running. As
I got to BB I noticed the typical entrance guard contingent was gone.
I soon found out all the guards were bugged and were not willing to
stop the PVP from going on inside BB. It was a slaughter both ways.
I got killed twice just heading over to get the supplies.

I knew I had to get the flight point while I was in town so I risked
heading across to the inn. I ran into the inn and killed a higher
level rogue as I was going up the steps. Stepped outside at the
upstairs entrance to the inn and went over to the griffin barn as I
had many times before. Went upstairs over there and knew I had to
jump on a bird fast to get out of town. I rounded the corner and
quickly right clicked on the flight guy - right as I realized he was
an alliance flight trainer. Doh!

Fortunately after I rezzed some honorable 42 Shaman picked me up and
showed me where the horde flight point was.

Laban

Lehi <right@behin.edu> wrote:

>Many of you remember me discussing the exploits of Lehi (paladin) and
>Bathsheba (rogue) throughout their journeys to 60. I now have a horde
>rogue, Laban, level 30, on PVP Frostmane. What a blast! Anyway, he
>had to travel to Booty Bay for some item required for warsong
>shipment.
>
>He got on the blimp at Org, flew to Grom'Gol, and started marching
>south. This wasn't first time he had been here, as at level 16 he
>came here to pick up the flight point and swim north to westfall to
>pick up a bandit mask from the Defias clan. So he ran east out of
>Grom and some dorf hunter started shooting him. The camp guards took
>care of that guy. Ok, scare #1 was over. Ran down the road toward
>BB. On the way, two separate ?? paladins passed him headed north, but
>were honorable enough to just keep going. They probably though Laban
>was bait.
>
>On the way I saw a booty bay goblin guard just standing in the middle
>of the path south. I thought that was odd, and just kept running. As
>I got to BB I noticed the typical entrance guard contingent was gone.
>I soon found out all the guards were bugged and were not willing to
>stop the PVP from going on inside BB. It was a slaughter both ways.
>I got killed twice just heading over to get the supplies.
>
>I knew I had to get the flight point while I was in town so I risked
>heading across to the inn. I ran into the inn and killed a higher
>level rogue as I was going up the steps. Stepped outside at the
>upstairs entrance to the inn and went over to the griffin barn as I
>had many times before. Went upstairs over there and knew I had to
>jump on a bird fast to get out of town. I rounded the corner and
>quickly right clicked on the flight guy - right as I realized he was
>an alliance flight trainer. Doh!
>
>Fortunately after I rezzed some honorable 42 Shaman picked me up and
>showed me where the horde flight point was.
>
>Laban

Don't feel bad. Back when I made my first trip away from home I found
myself in Booty Bay looking for the flight master. Well I found
something -- only the griffins didn't look quite right. I just assumed
they were some kind of foreign griffin. Maybe a different species. I
turned to the fight master and clicked on him. I remember thinking,
"Oh, oh, something is wrong here", but it was too late, I had already
pushed the mouse button. Next thing I new, that big white lady was
smiling down at me. (-8