Sign in with
Your question

No CPU temp info

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
November 20, 2012 4:41:23 PM

I have a dell D630 that has had recently upgraded to a intel T9500 processor but i can not seem to get a temperature reading from it at all i have tried the majority of monitoring programs and the all say that my temp is -27c. I have tried real temp, speedfan and hwmonitor and they all give me the same reading any ideas as to why this might be?

More about : cpu temp info

a c 159 à CPUs
November 20, 2012 5:49:22 PM

I sometimes use coretemp; your cpu may be running near the maximum temp allowed by Intel, which is normal since the heatsink is very small. If you want to get it lower, try a laptop cooler tray, such as this one: http://www.frys.com/product/5405309?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN...
November 20, 2012 6:12:29 PM

o1die thanks for the reply i loaded coretemp and it actually has better documentation than the other programs as i might have found the reason for the readings i keep getting. Still i get -22c but i could have a malfunctioning temp sensor or it is because it has hit is max and just keeps climbing up. As well i will see if a cooler tray will help to see if i can bring the temp down to a readable range if it has hit its max.
Related resources
a b à CPUs
November 20, 2012 7:23:57 PM

Do you have an ES - Engineering Sample CPU or is it a retail CPU? Some ES CPUs have temperature sensors that are defective. Post a screen shot of CPU-Z and look in the Specifications box for the letters ES.
November 27, 2012 2:34:27 PM

i recently found out that it is a engineering sample. it has a gold top which i thought was kinda weird at first but payed no attention to it until i started to get bsod's and more specifically its the q4ww models of those samples that are the defective ones.
!