Dropping a profession?

Fallout

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2002

Hi all

I am sure this has been asked before but a cursory search didn't find
anything. How do you go about dropping a profession?

I currently have herbalism and alchemy. I want to drop herbalism and take up
enchanting. How do I go about this? Thanks.

- Fallout

You think that hurts..... I dropped 300 Alchemy and 315 Herbalism :(

And I regret it :p

"Fallout" <a@d.c> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> I am sure this has been asked before but a cursory search didn't find
> anything. How do you go about dropping a profession?
>
> I currently have herbalism and alchemy. I want to drop herbalism and
> take up enchanting. How do I go about this? Thanks.
>
> - Fallout

Push K on your keyboard, scroll down to your profession and to the right of
the bar should be a small red circle with a line through it. Click, rinse
and repeat.

Be aware that you can't drop Fishing, Cooking or First Aid.

--
Moif of Bloodhoof <The Suffering>
http://www.wowrankings.com/viewb.htm?id=27138

Fallout

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2002

"moif" <moif@macburgerdonaldsking.com> wrote in message
> "Fallout" <a@d.c> wrote in message
>> Hi all
>>
>> I am sure this has been asked before but a cursory search didn't find
>> anything. How do you go about dropping a profession?
>>
>> I currently have herbalism and alchemy. I want to drop herbalism and
>> take up enchanting. How do I go about this? Thanks.
>>
>> - Fallout
>
> Push K on your keyboard, scroll down to your profession and to the right
> of
> the bar should be a small red circle with a line through it. Click, rinse
> and repeat.
>
> Be aware that you can't drop Fishing, Cooking or First Aid.
>
> --
> Moif of Bloodhoof <The Suffering>
> http://www.wowrankings.com/viewb.htm?id=27138

Just the info I was looking for, thanks. It's going to hurt dropping a 298
skill, but Enchanting seems so much more fun.

Thanks again - Fallout.

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005 17:44:58 +0100, "moif" <moif@macburgerdonaldsking.com>
scribed into the ether:

>"Fallout" <a@d.c> wrote in message
>> Hi all
>>
>> I am sure this has been asked before but a cursory search didn't find
>> anything. How do you go about dropping a profession?
>>
>> I currently have herbalism and alchemy. I want to drop herbalism and
>> take up enchanting. How do I go about this? Thanks.
>>
>> - Fallout
>
>Push K on your keyboard, scroll down to your profession and to the right of
>the bar should be a small red circle with a line through it. Click, rinse
>and repeat.
>
>Be aware that you can't drop Fishing, Cooking or First Aid.

Not that there's any reason to...

Fallout

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2002

"nvrsbr" <abryant1@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> You think that hurts..... I dropped 300 Alchemy and 315 Herbalism :(
>
> And I regret it :p

I read your post just before I was about to drop herbalism and it gave me
second thoughts, but I went ahead and I don't regret it so far, although it
may be too early to tell.

To celebrate my descision I went to Deadmines and cleared all the bosses and
most of the rest. It was fun because I had never done that instance at the
right level. I also managed to create 4 small glowing shards out of the blue
drops and stacks of dusts. Tonight I am going to do it again whilst doing
the quests for faction, then head to Gnomergan to do the easier bosses
there.

Thanks for your words of caution but I have to say at this stage I am not
regretting it at all, in fact it has opened up a whole new area of gameplay.

- Fallout

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 10:44:22 +0100, "Fallout" <a@d.c> wrote:

>To celebrate my descision I went to Deadmines and cleared all the bosses and
>most of the rest. It was fun because I had never done that instance at the
>right level. I also managed to create 4 small glowing shards out of the blue
>drops and stacks of dusts. Tonight I am going to do it again whilst doing
>the quests for faction, then head to Gnomergan to do the easier bosses
>there.

If you want to powerlevel your enchanting skill, you should go do
Deadmines some more, and skip Gnomeregan for now.

You can get to around 150 skill using almost only Strange Dust (get to
skill 40-50 first by only disenchanting first - only "free"
skillpoints you will ever get).
Disenchanting items of level 21-30 will not produce Strange Dust, but
only Soul Dust - this is fine, except that your first formula using
Soul Dust is "Enchant Bracer - Lesser Stamina" at skill 130.

So hit Deadmines a few times and get a bunch of Strange Dust, then
powerlevel your skill and put Gnomeregan on hold until you get to at
least 130 skill.

Ps. I assume that you are at a level where you are soloing these
instances.

Pps. Go take a look at
http://members.cox.net/katy-w/Trades/Enchanting.htm,
http://www.thottbot.com/?t=Enchanting and the enchanting pdf at
http://www.streamload.com/bollwerk.
Be sure to study the disenchanting chart in the back of the pdf.

--
Regards
Simon Nejmann

Fallout

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2002

> If you want to powerlevel your enchanting skill, you should go do
> Deadmines some more, and skip Gnomeregan for now.
>
> You can get to around 150 skill using almost only Strange Dust (get to
> skill 40-50 first by only disenchanting first - only "free"
> skillpoints you will ever get).
> Disenchanting items of level 21-30 will not produce Strange Dust, but
> only Soul Dust - this is fine, except that your first formula using
> Soul Dust is "Enchant Bracer - Lesser Stamina" at skill 130.
>
> So hit Deadmines a few times and get a bunch of Strange Dust, then
> powerlevel your skill and put Gnomeregan on hold until you get to at
> least 130 skill.
>

> Ps. I assume that you are at a level where you are soloing these
> instances.
>
> Pps. Go take a look at
> http://members.cox.net/katy-w/Trades/Enchanting.htm,
> http://www.thottbot.com/?t=Enchanting and the enchanting pdf at
> http://www.streamload.com/bollwerk.
> Be sure to study the disenchanting chart in the back of the pdf.
>
> --
> Regards
> Simon Nejmann

I love this group :) I start with a quick query and get a load of really
good advice. I want to avoid ending up with a load of inventory clogging
stuff so I will take your advice and do DM until I reach 130 skill.

I am lvl a lvl 45 rogue so I am soloing and if I get bored of killing
everything I can just sneak up and whack the bosses for blue items. That was
one of the reasons I decided to go with enchanting. Thanks again for the
links, I will check them out later when I finish *ahem* work.

-Fallout.

"Matt Frisch" <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 1 Jun 2005 17:44:58 +0100, "moif"
> <moif@macburgerdonaldsking.com> scribed into the ether:
>
>> "Fallout" <a@d.c> wrote in message
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> I am sure this has been asked before but a cursory search didn't
>>> find anything. How do you go about dropping a profession?
>>>
>>> I currently have herbalism and alchemy. I want to drop herbalism and
>>> take up enchanting. How do I go about this? Thanks.
>>>
>>> - Fallout
>>
>> Push K on your keyboard, scroll down to your profession and to the
>> right of the bar should be a small red circle with a line through
>> it. Click, rinse and repeat.
>>
>> Be aware that you can't drop Fishing, Cooking or First Aid.
>
> Not that there's any reason to...

Until they bring in Raft Building or Thatched Roofing!

--