Is this a good deal?

New egg posted a combo package of parts. I think it still requires assembaly on my part. Could you tell me if it does and if it is a good deal. Also, could you give me some idea of what the power of this system will be. Thanks.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1001800

Also, could i run 64 bit windows 7?
11 answers Last reply
More about good deal
  1. fred4106 said:
    New egg posted a combo package of parts. I think it still requires assembaly on my part. Could you tell me if it does and if it is a good deal. Also, could you give me some idea of what the power of this system will be. Thanks.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1001800

Also, could i run 64 bit windows 7?

Not only could it run 64-bit, you would have to in order to have the computer use all of that 8 GB of RAM!

Newegg will ship that bundle as parts which you would have to assemble.
  2. My other question, is what kind of preformance will i get?
    Right now im on a core 2 duo with 2.66Ghz and 2 gb of ram so anything will run better then what im on but...

According to the package, you get 550 watt psu, but the reviews on the case say it comes with a 300 watt psu. I have a 550 watt and will that be enough.

finnaly, i hope to be able to play games like skyrim, not on max graphics. Will this work?

Thanks
  3. If you want to game you'll want a discrete video card, which the bundle doesn't include. The rest of the components are fine, and you should see better performance than your current setup.
  4. The power supply thing is a concern: the reviews imply that Newegg is shipping something that doesn't match the advertized specs. You would need more than 300 W to run a decent video card
  5. SchizTech said:
    If you want to game you'll want a discrete video card, which the bundle doesn't include. The rest of the components are fine, and you should see better performance than your current setup.

What graphics card would you recommend.

Thanks
  6. SchizTech said:
    The power supply thing is a concern: the reviews imply that Newegg is shipping something that doesn't match the advertized specs. You would need more than 300 W to run a decent video card

I have a 550 watt already so its ok.
  7. fred4106 said:
    when you say a discrete video card, what do you mean. from what i can tell this bundle does include a video card.

Thanks

You would get the onboard video on the motherboard. A video card would plug into a PCI express slot on the board and take over the graphics from the onboard to give better performance for games. You can use the computer without it but you have the option to spend a bit more to upgrade that performance. How much more is up to you: there's a wide range of video cards at different price ranges from under $100 up to $600+. It's really up to you.
  8. SchizTech said:
    You would get the onboard video on the motherboard. A video card would plug into a PCI express slot on the board and take over the graphics from the onboard to give better performance for games. You can use the computer without it but you have the option to spend a bit more to upgrade that performance. How much more is up to you: there's a wide range of video cards at different price ranges from under $100 up to $600+. It's really up to you.

Im looking at this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130625

would that be able to run games like skyrim at decent settings?

Thanks
  9. That's a decent mid-range card, sure. You might not max out every game at high resolutions but if that's not what you're looking for it's fine.
  10. SchizTech said:
    That's a decent mid-range card, sure. You might not max out every game at high resolutions but if that's not what you're looking for it's fine.

medium settings at skyrim should work just fine though right?

Thanks
  11. It should be ok, though this card is a bit faster for the same price:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150573
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Windows 7 Power Systems Product