Laptop wireless access - any good?

What has been your experience with accessing the internet with a laptop
using cingular?

Connection speeds, connectivitiy, and so forth.

This would be for business use.
2 answers Last reply
More about laptop wireless access good

    While I am generally glad I got Laptop Connect with Cingular, it's not
    without its problems. I have seen download speeds up to 190 kbps.
    Other times I have difficulty making or maintaining a connection. To
    see my overall experience, read the following thread. As you will
    read, JN seemed to imply my experience was a rare and isolated
    situation. Judge for yourself.

    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.cellular.cingular/browse_thread/thread/ef14725fa3978621/1590a8d77e8b5fca#1590a8d77e8b5fca

    "GomJabbar" <dkbatson@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > While I am generally glad I got Laptop Connect with Cingular, it's not
    > without its problems. I have seen download speeds up to 190 kbps.
    > Other times I have difficulty making or maintaining a connection. To
    > see my overall experience, read the following thread. As you will
    > read, JN seemed to imply my experience was a rare and isolated
    > situation. Judge for yourself.
    >
    > http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.cellular.cingular/browse_thread/thread/ef14725fa3978621/1590a8d77e8b5fca#1590a8d77e8b5fca

    I have similar experience.....when it is working it works well...but then
    there are times like the
    last 3 days where speeds are effectively zero.

    jlp

Cingular Laptops Wireless Access Internet Service Providers