Laptop wireless access - any good?

Last response: in Network Providers
a b D Laptop
August 15, 2005 12:55:14 AM

What has been your experience with accessing the internet with a laptop
using cingular?

Connection speeds, connectivitiy, and so forth.

This would be for business use.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 15, 2005 12:55:15 AM

While I am generally glad I got Laptop Connect with Cingular, it's not
without its problems. I have seen download speeds up to 190 kbps.
Other times I have difficulty making or maintaining a connection. To
see my overall experience, read the following thread. As you will
read, JN seemed to imply my experience was a rare and isolated
situation. Judge for yourself.

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.cellular.cingul...
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 15, 2005 5:51:21 PM

"GomJabbar" <dkbatson@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> While I am generally glad I got Laptop Connect with Cingular, it's not
> without its problems. I have seen download speeds up to 190 kbps.
> Other times I have difficulty making or maintaining a connection. To
> see my overall experience, read the following thread. As you will
> read, JN seemed to imply my experience was a rare and isolated
> situation. Judge for yourself.
>
> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.cellular.cingul...

I have similar experience.....when it is working it works well...but then
there are times like the
last 3 days where speeds are effectively zero.

jlp