UI hot key bars

I am trying to find out if there is an addon that allows the
following. I am constantly using 1-10, "-", and "=" and then I click
whatever hot key I can beyond that. I would like to be able to
"shift" then hit 1-10, etc. I believe the vanilla UI allows you to do
Shift or alt or ctrl, then a number to correspond with one of 6 rows
of hot keys, then one of the 12 digits to act. The problem is that
once you finish typing that paragraph, the battle is over.

I have the 12 numbered slots, and then the additional two rows of
keys, one on bottom left, the other on bottom right, plus the half row
on the right margin.

My co-religionist Lehi wrote:
> I am trying to find out if there is an addon that allows the
> following. I am constantly using 1-10, "-", and "=" and then I click
> whatever hot key I can beyond that. I would like to be able to
> "shift" then hit 1-10, etc.

If I'm not misunderstanding the question, there's no shortage of
addons that make setting up shift-, control-, and alt-key bindings to
button bars easy. Both Cosmos and the CTMod variant I current use do
this, and can also display the bindings on the buttons.

For my Paladin, I have 1 to = bound to solo, shift, control, and alt
bindings (and need every one of them).

* Unbound 1 to = are the most commonly-used spells. Examples: Seal of
Command, Holy Light, Blessing of Wisdom.
* Shift 1 to = are less commonly-used spells. Examples: Flash of
Light, Seal of Judgment.
* Control 1 to = are non-spell commands. Examples: Mana potion, health
potion, Iron Grenade, Summon Warhorse.
* Alt 1 to = are less commonly-used commands. Examples: Hearthstone,
the resurrection spell, bandages.

If needed I could add multikey modifiers (shift-alt, say), as well as
other keys that aren't already used by the system.

--
<URL:http://www.pobox.com/~ylee/> PERTH ----> *
Cpu(s): 1.8% us, 1.0% sy, 0.3% ni, 95.4% id, 1.4% wa, 0.1% hi, 0.0% si

Yeechang Lee wrote:
> My co-religionist Lehi wrote:
>
>>I am trying to find out if there is an addon that allows the
>>following. I am constantly using 1-10, "-", and "=" and then I click
>>whatever hot key I can beyond that. I would like to be able to
>>"shift" then hit 1-10, etc.
>
> If I'm not misunderstanding the question, there's no shortage of
> addons that make setting up shift-, control-, and alt-key bindings to
> button bars easy. Both Cosmos and the CTMod variant I current use do
> this, and can also display the bindings on the buttons.

If I'm not misunderstanding the question, you don't need an addon - just
go to the main menu, select Key Bindings, and bind keys (with shift-,
etc. modifiers if you like) to the BottomRight and BottomLeft button bar
buttons!

Cheers!
David...

David Carson wrote:
> If I'm not misunderstanding the question, you don't need an addon - just
> go to the main menu, select Key Bindings, and bind keys (with shift-,
> etc. modifiers if you like) to the BottomRight and BottomLeft button bar
> buttons!

You're right; I'd forgotten that the 1.4 (I think) patch added this
functionality. I still use an addon because I need more than two more bars.

--
<URL:http://www.pobox.com/~ylee/> PERTH ----> *
Cpu(s): 1.8% us, 1.0% sy, 0.3% ni, 95.4% id, 1.4% wa, 0.1% hi, 0.0% si
Mem: 515800k total, 503032k used, 12768k free, 52344k buffers
Swap: 3052208k total, 312k used, 3051896k free, 242464k cached

On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 16:12:52 -0500, Lehi <right@behin.edu> wrote:

>I am trying to find out if there is an addon that allows the
>following. I am constantly using 1-10, "-", and "=" and then I click
>whatever hot key I can beyond that. I would like to be able to
>"shift" then hit 1-10, etc. I believe the vanilla UI allows you to do
>Shift or alt or ctrl, then a number to correspond with one of 6 rows
>of hot keys, then one of the 12 digits to act. The problem is that
>once you finish typing that paragraph, the battle is over.
>
>I have the 12 numbered slots, and then the additional two rows of
>keys, one on bottom left, the other on bottom right, plus the half row
>on the right margin.

Telos's Bottom bar and Sidebar. I couldn't be without them.

BB.