combo92

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012
Hey guys, first post here. In a few weeks time I'm going to be ordering a PC from Cyberpower, just wanted a few folks more Experienced than me to have a look over it and tell me if I'm going wrong anywhere. Thanks in advance.

Case: Coolermaster HAF-X Full Tower Gaming Case W/ Side-panel Window 1x230mm Red LED Fan, 1x200mm Fans, 2xFront USB 3.0 Port [+86]
Freebies: None
Lights & Illumination: NONE
Extra Case Fan Upgrade: Maximum Case Cooling Fans for your selected case [+10]
Cyberpower Noise Reduction Technology: None
CPU: Intel® Core™ Quad Core i7-3770K 3.50 GHz 8MB Cache LGA1155 + HD Graphics ***Overclockable XXX*** [+79]
Overclocking Service: No Overclocking
Overclock Monitoring and Media Server Station or Overclocking Media Server Station: NONE
Cooling Fan: Cyberpower Advanced WaterCooling Large Kit (Including 360m Radiator, 750res Pump/Reservoir, Rosa CPU Block, High CFM Fans, Tubing, and Coolant) ***Overclockable XXX*** [+86] (Standard Colour Tubing)
Coolant for Cyberpower Advance WaterCooling Kits: NONE
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LX Intel Z77 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ 4 RAM slots, IRST, Lucid Virtu MVP, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, 2x PCIe x16 (1 Gen3, 1 Gen2), 2x PCIe x1 & 3 PCI ***Overclockable XXX** [+8]
Intel Smart Response Technology for Z68 & Z77: None
Internal USB/SATA Expansion Module: NONE
Memory: 8GB (2x4GB) PC12800 DDR3/1600mhz Dual Channel Memory [+34] (Corsair XMS3 w/Heat Spreader)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+359] (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)
Freebies: None
Dongles: NONE
Video Card 2: None, or On-Board Integrated Graphics
Video Card 3: None, or On-Board Integrated Graphics
Power Supply Upgrade: 850 Watts Power Supplies [+84] (Corsair 850 Watts CMPSU-850HX Modular Gaming Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready [+5])
Hard Drive: 120 GB Corsair Force Series GT SATA III Gaming MLC Solid State Disk [+28] (Single Hard Drive)
Data Hard Drive: 2TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64M Cache 7200RPM Hard Drive [+79] (Single Hard Drive)
Hard Drive Cooler: None
External Hard Drive (USB 3.0/2.0/eSATA): None
USB Flash Drive: None
Optical Drive: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE. (BLACK Colour)
Optical Drive 2: NONE
Sound: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

£1604 inc VAT

Was also thinking about not getting a graphics card from Cyberpower and buying the Zotac 680 elsewhere. Any advice someone with a little more insight can offer me? I'm happy to listen to all suggestions.

mojorisin23

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
Will this just be for gaming? If there is no graphics rendering or video editing or anything like that, i don't think you need an i7. go down to the i5 3570k. save a bit of money and use it for something else.

if youre not going to overlock, i don't think you need the CP water cooler. i'm not even sure about the quality of it. i would go with a good fan. it will work just as well as the water coolers, if not better, (just a little louder). thermaltake FRIO and Hyper EVO are the most popular. if you do stick with the water cooling, make sure its with dual fans in push-pull configuration.

other than that i would get a branded GPU (which i highly recommend considering the importance of the GPU and the money youre spending).

and use the promo code at checkout to get 5% off....

rugs729

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
If you're money concerned I would go for the GTX 670, with roughly 90% preformance of the the 680 for 100 less. Also, they tend to overcharge for the new nvidia cards so definitely just buy it own your own like you suggest (its extremely easier to install yourself) and you get to choose exactly the model you want.

Water cooling may be excessive, but nice if you plan on overclocking past 4.5Ghz and want a quieter option. Be wary of low quality water coolers though, you're better off with air in that case.

I enjoyed having a blu-ray player for only a little more if that matters to you

You'd be fine with lower wattage PSU but if you plan on SLI might as well stick with the 850.

120gb is going to run out fast if you plan alot of games. Not bad for the primary though and you can pick up a cheap deal online for another SSD's nowadays if you need a secondary (they use low quality brands for their unbranded HD's and overcharge for the others)

jimmy_dog

Honorable
Jun 2, 2012
Go with a zotac 670 AMP or gigabite 670. They are only a bit worse for the price. If you absolutely want a 680, but arent going sli, get an asus gtx 680 cu top they are good for overclocking and the fastest gpu out there (aside from gtx 690) Zotac makes the best gtx 670s in terms of speed, but there are much better 680's